Turn off boot-time disc search.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nemix77, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009
  1. Nemix77
    OP

Member Nemix77 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off or disable the disc search feature when the Wii boots?

Maybe there's BootMii or some other boot2 modification?

I'm unaware if anything like this exists, I've tried Googling but no results.

I find the boot-time disc search feature pretty annoying especially now I use USB loaders exclusively.

I just want the boot-time search disabled and NOT disc reading disabled all together.

Thanks,

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I think it's hardware set that the wii tries to suck in a disk when turned on, not blockable by softmod.
    I don't think this affects boot time though...? What gives you that impression?

3. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I totally agree with you, but I don't think anyone has found a way around it yet.

4. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Does a fully bricked Wii do it? If so I presume it is something the drive does at powerup. If not maybe it is software? Just a thought...

5. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    I think it's software based. It's also somewhat of a self test for the drive, similiar to S.M.A.R.T. for HDDs.

6. resistor

Newcomer resistor Advanced Member

Spain
    i think preloader does it, its done via software, if not you could repair full bricks with a original game with a higher sm version

7. twofive

Member twofive GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    This is hardware, because when you install a new drive, and only plug in the power into the drive (not that flat cable that transfers the data), and then turn the wii on, it tries to suck in a disc. Also, this happens in a such early state of boot that there isn't any software running yet.

8. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I had a feeling that was the case, as it does it even in bootmii. Looks like this idea is at a dead end.