Hacking Tuned Heart on psp NP2: no sound and freeze

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.
I recently discovered the existence of this fantastic port of a classic, famous PC 98 emulator; Neko Project II, and I have to say that it works great with 90% of the .fdi / .hdi I've tried.

Unfortunately I stumbled upon a game recently translated into English, namely Tuned Heart (a visual novel/srpg), whose music and sound effects do not work, and this also while trying all the 'soundboards' available for the emulator.
NP2_0012.png

Also at the beginning of the first battle the game crashes, surely because the emulator cannot read the sound track.

While on PC with Anex86 the game works perfectly, even on PC with Neko Project II the sound doesn't work and the game crashes in the same place.

Would someone, who knows the topic more than me, be able to propose a solution, also useful for other games with the same issue?
Can anyone figure out what the problem is with this emulator, the only one available for PSP?
Could it be that the game uses MIDI files that are incompatible with the PSP version of NP2? If so, would anyone know how to use TiMIDIty in combination with NP2?
Thanks to anyone who could, and would, help me

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see there is a NekoProject 2 emulator in Retroarch for PSP, get the 1.9.0 stable package, put the required files as described here:
https://docs.libretro.com/library/neko_project_ii_kai/

And cross your fingers that it works ....
I didn't even know that there were not one, but two NP2 cores for RetroarchPSP.
Unfortunately NP2kai crashes at start, either by loading a rom or without it. While the other NP2 core works, it loads the game in question and you hear the music, but it's so slow that turns out unplayable; also there is no virtual keyboard and I can't activate the general options menu.
In comparison, the emulator I used before is very fast, comfortable to use and effective: much better for all the others hdi/fdi!
Thanks anyway for the tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello