tuna-vids on Acekards.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ROM Troll, Jul 12, 2008.

Jul 12, 2008

tuna-vids on Acekards. by ROM Troll at 10:49 PM (2,802 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ROM Troll
    OP

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have an email out to the developer of tuna-vids; who has some definite accomplishments in DS homebrew (libFat, DLDI). In the meantime, please tell me how to select avi files other than the default, "tuna-vids.avi". In order to play different avi files I've converted, I have to place them in their own directory, change their file name to tuna-vids.avi, and place a copy of tuna-vids.nds, tuna-open.nds in each directory. I then launch tuna-open.nds from whatever directory that contains the avi file I want to watch. From what I've read, the loader (that comes with the tuna-vids download) is supposed to provide the path (whatever the path is to its current directory I'm guessing) from which to display a list of avi files available for play. Thanks

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    SOURCE

Works fine on AK2 for me.

3. ROM Troll
    OP

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AKRPG Test Results

[Case One] (PASS)
    Both Tuna-viDS files on NAND:
    1) Copy tuna-vids.nds to root directory of its NAND.
    2) Copy tuna-open.nds to the directory of the AVI converted files on the NAND.

As long as the tuna-open.nds is not in the same directory as tuna-vids.nds the loader works as designed; not sure why.

[Case Two] (FAIL)
    A Tuna-viDS file on NAND and one on SDcard:
    1) Copy tuna-vids.nds to root directory of its NAND.
    2) Copy tuna-open.nds to the directory of the AVI converted files on the SDcard.

Tuna-viDS likely expects to find tuna-vids.nds in the root directory of the resource tuna-open.nds is run from.

[Case Three] (FAIL)
    Both files on SDcard:
    1) Copy tuna-vids.nds to root directory of its SDcard.
    2) Copy tuna-open.nds to the directory of the AVI converted files on the SDcard.

libFat also written by Chishm is packaged in the devkit used by many in the homebrew community and is used in Tuna-viDS. The AKRPG and AK2 OEM firmware using libFat, probably set the "boot" resource as Fat0. Tuna-viDS appears to set the resource it's run from as Fat aka Fat0. Both Tuna-viDS files and the AVI files, may have to be on the "boot" resource; the NAND in this case. For the AK2, the "boot" resource will be the SDcard so all files on the SDcard should work as gratefulbuddy posted.

4. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I keep getting a white screen [​IMG]

I have a Acekard2i

- my "tuna-vids.nds" file is on the root of my card

- my "tuna-open.nds" file in in the following location -> root/apps/tuna-vids-1.1/tuna-open.nds

when I open "tuna-open.nds" first I get the file browser

- I navigate to my file (root/movies/Caprica_Ep00.avi)

- Press A to open

- Then I get a white top screen and a black bottom screen with the following message [​IMG]

------------------------------
    Tuna-viDS v1.1

Avi + Xvix + MP3 player by
    Michael Chisholm (Chishm)

See documentation for a
    full list of credits
    -------------------------------

any clue on what I'm doing wrong?

5. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Has anyone had any luck using this application?