Gaming TTMenu vs YSMenu

JezL1970

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of a newbie here. I've had a TT Card for years running the TTMenu. In order to get a new game to work I download DSTTi-YSMenu704 and installed this. Everything now works but I've lost the TTMenu that I was used to and only have the basic YSMenu folder/file system menu.

I've looked for a later version of TT Menu but the most recent one I found was from 2010!

My question is, how can I get back to the TT Menu without losing the ability to play the game I upgraded for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can actually run both YSMenu and DSTT Menu on the same microSD without an issue. They both use the same .sav format and both use the same loaders. YSMenu is just a different approach to the same loaders. You simply just have to rename the kernel you want to launch separately to basically anything else. So if you want TTMENU as your default, then rename the ysmenu launcher to something "ysmenu.nds." And you can launch Ysmenu from the DSTT menu without an issue. If you want DSTT to launch from ysmenu, simply rename the launcher to something like dstt.nds.
Either way, they will both use the same loaders so they will basically work with the same games.

JezL1970

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply but I'm a bit confused. In my root folder I already have YSMenu.NDS as well as TTMENU.DAT, TTMENU.SYS and a TTMenu folder. I moved the YSMenu.NDS to the Games folder but it still booted up to YSMenu. I've got a feeling I need to start again and wipe the card, something I didn't do when updating the card yesterday.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why you would want to use the old TTMenu...It's slow and inconvenient for everything.

To get it back, just copy the ttmenu.DAT from the official TTMenu (2010 or w/e is fine, not like anyone updates it anyways) and place it in the root of the microSD. I would also recommend renaming the old TTMenu.DAT to ysmenu.nds as opposed to replacing since it doesn't really take up space and you can try out ysmenu for longer. It's a hell of a lot more convenient to use IMO.

JezL1970

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The TT Menu I am used to is graphically better and all of my games are right there when starting, whereas with the YS Menu I have to drill down into folders. I just prefer the GUI on the TT Menu.

Thanks for your help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...