Trying to upgrade my RAM...... again

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by sjones900, Aug 20, 2008.

1. sjones900
    OP

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Can you guy help, the last time I tried it rejected it. I thought I had it down for my computer I bought DDR double sided ram that supported 3 mhz's or somethin like that and one of them matched the one I have now I have established that my computer only takes "single" sided RAM, so can you help me find a 1gb that meets this?

2. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Use CPU-Z to see what kind of ram you have, they tell us everything it says

3. Gore

Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 15, 2007
    United States
    What kind is it, and is it stock besides the ram?

4. sjones900
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Hey i'm also looking for a graphics card the graphics I have now but its on board and it eats my ram what do you recommend the one I have now is a nvidia 6800 (i think) but I want to be able to play some really awesome shooter games like F.E.A.R

5. sjones900
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Here is the info

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    From that information, we ascertain (using a specification of the motherboard) that:

Your motherboard has:
    You are currently using one slot with 512MB, meaning one slot is unused. You should really buy your ram in a pair of identical sticks. What you can do is try to find a kit of 2x1GB PC-3200 DIMM ram for the best performance that you can get on that motherboard.

Here is a list from newegg of that: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;Order=PRICE

7. sjones900
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    That Wintec brand looks good and this WILL work in my computer right? About my Computer, on a 1-5 basis how good do you think it is now, and how much better can it get?

8. seedvt

seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    That ram should work.

Your computer is quite outdated now, and your CPU might bottleneck the performance of a new video card, but you'll see a performance gain regardless.