Gaming Trying to transfer GBC cart saves to 3DS

Nokocchi52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently obtained a device that allows me to dump GBC cart saves onto my PC(GB Cart Flasher). I have brought over the following saves:

-Pokemon Blue
-Pokemon Yellow
-Pokemon Crystal
-Pokemon TCG
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

I tried to make a backup of a VC save to compare sizes to, and so far the only game I've successfully transplanted to the 3DS is Crystal.

What are the needed sizes for these save files? The original .sav for the Pokemon games and DX are 32 KB, while the two oracle games are 8 KB

Simply changing them to .dat corrupted them, so I instead I tried to make them the same sizes as the actual VC save files using a hex editor, but all excluding Crystal got corrupted again when trying to load them.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Why did my method work for one game but not the rest? while I can't really test the TCG and Zelda games, all three Pokemon .sav files are readable in PKHex even after changing the file types

Last edited by Nokocchi52,

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know all those games but blue and yellow are 32768 bytes which is a little smaller than Crystal. Make sure you are not trying to use the Crystal size for them also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later