Trying to remember a game.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lune, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    As the topic says for the longest while me and my brother are trying to remember a game that is at least 10 years old.. It was a text based RPG and it was played in a window which had a black background( doubt it was ms dos)and there were red words when you battled an opponent( only one i could remember was kobold soldier..killing me all the time) .

I think also there was a scroll bar to the right of the window allowing to scroll down the previous actions such as in battle and moving around the place..also my brother says he think it was "fantasy something"...thanks for all the help greatly appreciated

2. Aijelsop

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Lol, your not going to get much help.

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    That sounds just like....... EVERY TEXT ADVENTURE GAME EVER MADE! Do you possibly have anything more useful in the way of details?

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
  5. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    No no more details..bant rember much at all...it was fun though :X

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
  7. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    Ah sorry guys nothing so far..but my bro told me more stuff which i could confirm... you used the on screen arrow keys to move to different areas ( the up, down, left ,right buttons) and text events would have been in either red, cyan and yellow depending on whats happening...

8. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
    So this was definitely for a DOS system?

9. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    this was definitely NOT for a DOS system xD

10. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
    Can you remember what system it was? Can you ask your parents if they recall you playing the game?

11. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    Its my dad who got it for us...doubt hell remember anything but i will ask....

12. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Kobold doesn't really help, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobolds_in_gaming - they are everhwhere in fantasy. If you can remember even a single line of dialogue word for word, google it inside parentheses. You may get luckly and someone could have transcribed it.