Trying to install NTR, need to downgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lawls, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Lawls
    OP

Lawls Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Hey,

I currently installed CFW on my 3DS which was on 9.2, and I updated to the latest firmware (11.4 I think?), as I couldn't open some games without being on a newer firmware.
    I did a bit of research earlier, because I wanted some sort of blue light filter on my 3DS for when I play games while in bed at night, as the screen hurts my eyes.
    I put the .bin files on the root and installed the .cia and tried to open NTR and it said my firmware wasn't supported and it didn't boot.
    So I'm assuming I need to downgrade to an earlier firmware? I did a google search and I can't find any links to sites where I can download older firmware?
    Any help?

Thanks

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try installing BootNTR Selector instead. You do not need to downgrade. BootNTR supports 11.4.

Lawls likes this.
  3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    [ignore]

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    OP has CFW, as mentioned in the first sentence.

5. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    I just realized that. I'm need to think before i post. If i only i could delete my own messages...

6. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    If you want to stream your 3DS screens to your PC, you'll need to downgrade to 11.3 via 3Down or an 11.3 NAND backup, or wait for the dev of NTR to fix streaming on 11.4.

7. Lawls
    OP

Lawls Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Thank you so much, I installed BootNTR Selector and that seems to work just fine, thank you for saving my eyes! haha

KunoichiZ likes this.