Hacking Trying to figure out SD card issue

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm attemting do the new mod for wii u to the wii console.

I can't seem to get it to boot. I've formatted my SD card to FAT32, put the private and boot.elf files on the SD, went into the wii, deleted brawl files, started brawl, deleted the custom levels, went back out, then put SD card in and back in and it just goes to level creator, it doesn't boot.

I've noticed all say use 2 gb SD or less, I've tried a 8 gig and a 16 gig , both lexar, and neither work. Is it vital to have a below 2 gig SD?

I also just tried an 8 gig sandisk SD and it also did not work :-/

Anything I should try?

Thanks

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, try a 2GB or lower card. Cards higher than that are SDHC, which the game doesn't support even if the Wii itself was later updated to support them.

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's too bad, I can't find 2 gig SD cards anywhere, unless I buy online.. which unfortunately means a long wait :-/ so there's no workaround whatsoever?

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the SD card need to be permanently in the system? I have a friend who will let me borrow one. Can I just use it to do the mod, and then proceed from there without it to do other homebrew things?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the SD card need to be permanently in the system? I have a friend who will let me borrow one. Can I just use it to do the mod, and then proceed from there without it to do other homebrew things?

Yes, you only need it to run Smash Stack, the homebrew channel supports pretty much anything.
EDIT: I just realized how unclear that is. You only need the normal SD card to run Smash Stack, Homebrew Channel supports pretty much any SD card (assuming it isn't enormous like 256GB) and also USB drives.

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you only need it to run Smash Stack, the homebrew channel supports pretty much anything.
EDIT: I just realized how unclear that is. You only need the normal SD card to run Smash Stack, Homebrew Channel supports pretty much any SD card (assuming it isn't enormous like 256GB) and also USB drives.

Okay what? So do I need to keep the SD card, or can I run smash stack and give him back the SD card and use a USB from that point?

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the latter, that's what I was trying to say (albeit very poorly) :P You can use a USB with the Homebrew Channel

Okay dude I know I'm sounding like a total dick right now lol

But I've loaded homebrew onto my console.

Can I give the SD card back to my friend

Yes, or no?

blackjays24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't seem to get it to read my ISO.

I had a GCM, used the gamecube ISO tool to convert it, no problem. But keeps telling me it's undectected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared