Hacking Try not to trigger the ban button experiment

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do an experiment on my stock unhacked New3DS XL by pirating without triggering the ban time bomb.Here is the list of what i will try to do.

1.Alway turn off stotpass and friend notification.
2.Installing CFW with the internet function turn off (ntrboot method because my 3ds is on 11.6)
3.Run DSP1 with the internet function turn off (because Nintendo can detect what software we are using while we're online)
4.Install Freeshop.3dsx instead of .cia and install it by injecting homebrew through Download play with Losalina menu
5.Alway download games using Freeshop.3dsx through Download play .
6.Alway update Luma3ds using Homebrew through Download play.
7.After playing pirated game,I will play some legit games before turn on the internet.(I dont know if .cia games are triggering the ban of it just .cia files that come with cfw that trigger the ban)
8.I won't touch any.cias file that come with the installation of CFW(homebrew.cia ,FBI.cia,Anemone3ds.cia,Luma updater and Checkpoint)
9.I won't download game before launch.(i'm not a big poke'mon fan so I won't be so hype about the ultra sumo release)
10.I never cheat online.

That's all i'm gonna do and hope that i wont get ban.But if I got ban at least this might be an useful information for some people.
Also i want to ask if any one done this before? thanks.

Last edited by MalcusPine,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I want to do an experiment on my stock unhacked New3DS XL by pirating without triggering the ban time bomb.Here is the list of what i will try to do.

1.Alway turn off street pass and friend notification.
2.Installing CFW with the internet function turn off (ntrboot method because my 3ds is on 11.6)
3.Run DSP1 with the internet function turn off (because Nintendo can detect what software we are using while we're online)
4.Install Freeshop.3dsx instead of .cia and install it by injecting homebrew through Download play with Losalina menu
5.Alway download games using Freeshop.3dsx through Download play .
6.Alway update Luma3ds using Homebrew through Download play.
7.After playing pirated game,I will play some legit games before turn on the internet.(I dont know if .cia games are triggering the ban of it just .cia files that come with cfw that trigger the ban)
8.I won't touch any.cias file that come with the installation of CFW(homebrew.cia ,FBI.cia,Anemone3ds.cia,Luma updater and Checkpoint)
9.I won't download game before launch.(i'm not a big poke'mon fan so I won't be so hype about the ultra sumo release)
10.I never cheat online.

That's all i'm gonna do and hope that i wont get ban.But if I got ban at least this might be an useful information for some people.
Also i want to ask if any one done this before? thanks.
Street pass does nothing since it doesn't involve internet, so don't worry about it. Friend notification should be off for this though. About FreeShop, it can't be used as a 3dsx (requires heightened privileges), but since this is just to test, know that everything from the HB can't be detected if you have used Rosalina's one. As for the cias, it's most likely people doing something wrong and not admitting it or not realizing what they did wrong... (eg: S/M banwave or idiots) Remember to turn off information sending from the options btw for this test or it won't be valid.

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street pass does nothing since it doesn't involve internet, so don't worry about it. Friend notification should be off for this though. About FreeShop, it can't be used as a 3dsx (requires heightened privileges), but since this is just to test, know that everything from the HB can't be detected if you have used Rosalina's one. As for the cias, it's most likely people doing something wrong and not admitting it or not realizing what they did wrong... (eg: S/M banwave or idiots) Remember to turn off information sending from the options btw for this test or it won't be valid.
oups. sorry i meant spotpass

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually there's a 3dsx version of freeshop .I already used it and it's work.
There is one, but it's supposed to not work on 11.4 and above since the HBL doesn't have the required permissions anymore... Perhaps Luma changed that with the new version, will look into it.

Reactions: MalcusPine

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may consider to start with non pkm games first.
as i said.I'm not really a big fan of pokemon .also i already have Legit pokemon Sun cartridge.so there's no point for me to pirate the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is one, but it's supposed to not work on 11.4 and above since the HBL doesn't have the required permissions anymore... Perhaps Luma changed that with the new version, will look into it.
But it's work for me.I know this because I had install CFW before on my old 3ds and on my friend's 3ds both are updated to 11.6 and the freeshop still work.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, I have never done anything from these 10 things. (I was cheating in game, turned on sending info, never used download play for HB injection) and I am still not banned. Lets see how long does it take :) (its already 3 years) :D

Reactions: KunoichiZ

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have never done anything from these 10 things. (I was cheating in game, turned on sending info, never used download play for HB injection) and I am still not banned. Lets see how long does it take :) (its already 3 years) :D
You are so lucky. :)

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oups. sorry i meant spotpass
There is also a fork of luma with a rosilina with the ability to install cias

I have used everything that is thought to get you banned online and am still not banned

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is also a fork of luma with a rosilina with the ability to install cias

I have used everything that is thought to get you banned online and am still not banned
Did you play S/M from the leaked dumps before the games came out and played online? If not, then you haven't tried "everything":P

Reactions: MalcusPine

MalcusPine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, I've been using .cias homebrew/games for however long, not been banned. The only time I was permabanned was foolishly going online with a leak of SuMo... apart from that all my other 3ds consoles are okay.
thanks for your information:) but just to be safe I will use the .3dsx homebrew and see the result.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Well if there isn't then it is only because it hasn't been updated to support Rosalina as there is already a version of FBI that runs as a 3dsx and works perfectly

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know since Ninty can see what you play, you shouldn't be using freeshop either if you're trying to avoid a ban... They ARE .cias and if you never purchased them Nintendo can see that you have no receipt tied to your console/NNID. Granted using a HomeBrew is more of a red flag, so is playing a game you pirated. If you really want to avoid a ban, turn off your wi-fi and use your system normally (No homebrew, no pirated content) and just ban yourself.

Refusing to use .cia homebrew while using pirated software is a contradiction to your own endeavor. All they have to do is check your installed title IDs/legit tickets against their CDN to know you have titles that don't exist/unsigned installed = common sense you must have hacks. There is a reason those titles won't transfer using official methods so it makes sense that Ninty can see what is signed and what isn't.

Not saying that will cause a ban (no one knows) I'm just saying if they ever decided to ban in that fashion it would be all too easy to identify consoles with unofficial content.

Reactions: gamesquest1

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You know since Ninty can see what you play, you shouldn't be using freeshop either if you're trying to avoid a ban... They ARE .cias and if you never purchased them Nintendo can see that you have no receipt tied to your console/NNID. Granted using a HomeBrew is more of a red flag, so is playing a game you pirated. If you really want to avoid a ban, turn off your wi-fi and use your system normally (No homebrew, no pirated content) and just ban yourself.

Refusing to use .cia homebrew while using pirated software is a contradiction to your own endeavor. All they have to do is check your installed title IDs/legit tickets against their CDN to know you have titles that don't exist/unsigned installed = common sense you must have hacks. There is a reason those titles won't transfer using official methods so it makes sense that Ninty can see what is signed and what isn't.

Not saying that will cause a ban (no one knows) I'm just saying if they ever decided to ban in that fashion it would be all too easy to identify consoles with unofficial content.
You seem to think CIAs work that way and SOME do, but there's no way to tell apart games you are playing being a downloaded version or cartridge, unless it's an eshop exclusive, in which case there's the risk you mentioned. So if the CIAs are games that can be found in cartridges, there's absolutely no risk, otherwise people would be getting banned left and right even without CFW just for playing the cartridge version of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: