Hacking Trucha Bug Restorer release

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
BBking83 said:
I have a question if you don't mind answering. How is this different to Waninkoko's v1.11 Firmware Downgrader: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...downgrader-v111 ??

Are they esentially the same? Or is this one for 4.1??

I'd like to know any differences, please.
biggrin.gif

I don't know what that downgrader does, but it's surely totally different. I'm not even sure if that downgrader is a bricker for boot2v4 Wiis.

My TBR downgrades IOS15 to GET the trucha bug, that tool REQUIRES the trucha bug to do stuff.

Yes, it is completely different. It does require the bug to be in place before use. It does use that bug to trucha the rest of the IOS's it downloads (all of them...old versions). It is a good downgrader if you start on an old firmware (I used it), but it would be VERY bad for new Wii's. The older IOS's it installs are sure to brick them.

TBR is now the thing to use in my opinion. Afterward, if other IOS's are needed, I would say it would be a pretty safe bet to use NUSD and download/trucha the rest, pack and wad install (latest versions of course, omitted stubbed IOS's)....after of course you use TBR to get the bug in in the first place
smile.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, guys! Much appreciated.
smile.gif

I must have got it wrong because I thought (from reading on another forum) that Waninkoko's Firmware Downgrader applied any Trucha Singed bugs to the needed IOSs. When infact, it just downgrades the System Update (from up dates between 2.0E/U/J to 3.4E/U/J [i think])

So yeah, these two apps do very different things. Sorry for the confusion.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi at all,

lets say I have a Wii with Homebrew Channel and cIOS rev10 installed as IOS249. Nothing more and nothing less.
Now I used the official Nintendo Webupdate and I am now on System Menu 4.1.
Because Nintendo fixed the Trucha Bug in IOS36 and the Homebrew Channel uses IOS36 to load homebrew, which needs the Trucha Bug, that isn't there anymore, I wouldn't be able to load eg. USBLoader GX.
Am I right this far?
huh.gif

So I copy Trucha Bug Restorer to my apps folder on my sd card. And here comes the question:

Since I already have a Trucha Bugged IOS, IOS249, installed ... do I need to downgrade IOS15 to downgrade IOS36 or can I skip downgrading IOS15 and just downgrade IOS36 using IOS249?

start tbr, select IOS 249, press A and choose downgrade IOS36 in IOS36 menu

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Since I already have a Trucha Bugged IOS, IOS249, installed ... do I need to downgrade IOS15 to downgrade IOS36 or can I skip downgrading IOS15 and just downgrade IOS36 using IOS249?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sanni said:
Hi at all,

lets say I have a Wii with Homebrew Channel and cIOS rev10 installed as IOS249. Nothing more and nothing less.
Now I used the official Nintendo Webupdate and I am now on System Menu 4.1.
Because Nintendo fixed the Trucha Bug in IOS36 and the Homebrew Channel uses IOS36 to load homebrew, which needs the Trucha Bug, that isn't there anymore, I wouldn't be able to load eg. USBLoader GX.
Am I right this far?
huh.gif

So I copy Trucha Bug Restorer to my apps folder on my sd card. And here comes the question:

hyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif

cause install all cios too low version

in preloader, wiimote can be recognized, but if load TBR ,then wiimote cannt be recognized

install TBR,always get "cannt open autoboot file...please reinstall!"

so?

azaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install preloader .29, but I get an error stating "Failed to get boot, IOS(36) has fake sign bug fixed". Does this fix that for me or do I need something else?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
azaa said:
I am trying to install preloader .29, but I get an error stating "Failed to get boot, IOS(36) has fake sign bug fixed". Does this fix that for me or do I need something else?
TBR fix that problem for you!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
azaa said:

You need the trucha and the identify patch for preloader.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick Q, if I use this, will I need the IOSs 55, 56 & 60 patched/signed as well? And do you suggest to just install them using WADManager?

Also, I got apps mixed up before (when asking the difference between this and one of Waninkokos apps) but I read on another thread that this will/should work on the new Wiis.

Thanks WiiPower!!
biggrin.gif

Sportier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I. The Problem
wacko.gif
:

A. Cant Downgrade IOS15 (from revision: 266 to: revision 257)

II. The Background:
lecture.gif

A. Noob am I, reading first, then asking good questions, I hope.
B. Bought Wii in Spring 08, system menu 3.3U,

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
because you need wifi or this wad on the root of your sd card if you don't have wifi

ios15-64-v266.wad

just download it with NUSD and put it on your SD card

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep, just download the wads and put them on sd card. You can legally download the wads with NUS Downloader. Direct download in TBR will fail because you use a network adapter which is not as good as suported as wifi.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Screemer said:
maybe it's a fucking stupid question. but why does the old version of ios15 work on new hardware revision wiis aka lu64+, while any other old ios version refuses to work properly?
Because IOS15 behaves like IOS16 (ok this explain nothing but it seems, if it's really a timing issue, that IOS15/16 doesn't have this issue. Why? 'cause there different from others IOS...but I don't see why)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
maybe it's a fucking stupid question. but why does the old version of ios15 work on new hardware revision wiis aka lu64+, while any other old ios version refuses to work properly?

As far as i understand it, there's something on the new hardware that takes longer to startup and if it's accessed before it's completeley started, you have a problem. Something in the old IOS that are not splitted into modules takes longer to start and as it seems that "solves" the problem and it's most likely a pure coincidence.

turingmachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to this program, I finally upgraded to System Menu 4.1 (a week before 4.2 was released)
rolleyes.gif
However, I don't understand what the "patch nand permission" feature for IOS 36 does . I thought it allowed raw access to /dev/flash, but it seems it is not the case, since nand dumper programs (such as RealWnD) do not work. The only difference I found between IOS 36 with patched nand permission and without patched nand permission is that, in the latter case, AnyTitleDeleterMOD is not able to find the System Menu region, while in the former it can.

Anyone knows what "patch nand permission" does?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1