Hacking Troubleshooting hardware or software ?

CosmicArray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys im new to these neck of the woods, and i wanted to extend my thanks for the community here and to be here.
So im just going to get straight into the steak and potatoes instead of telling you how much i live my nintendo switch.
I know i just said i love my nintendo switch but i did neglect it, i did not give it much love, for the last year it has been sitting on a shelf while i was in the process of moving and starting a job.
The console up till the last time i had played it and put it back on the shelf to take a catnap had worked just fine.
I tried to turn it on yesterday and it did not want to work, i tried all the tricks to the best of my knowledge as far as resetting goes.
But main issue being the screen did not turn on.
I put it on the charger it came with overnight and tried again today but still had no luck.
When i connected to console to the docking station i did notice a small green indicator light blink but at no point stay solid.
I tried to connect the console to the pc and was able to hear the computer connecting to it
So now im unsure what it could be, a hardware or a software issue.
Im not sure because i took very good care of my console and it was in a protective case, along side my games.
I do have a team x dongle and not sure what firmware i was on but did not have issues powering on and if i did resetting wouldnt be a problem

Something i wanted to know was, if there was any special tools out there that nintendo uses or the community might know of that may be used to flash the systems memory and reinstall manually or test out the memory to diagnose a issue?
I dont want to send it in to nintendo and would rather try find the issue and possible fix it myself.

Thanks

CosmicArray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to updated.
I should of done this before posting but im glad anyways just so i can keep a update and possible solve my issue and then help others.
So i read another thread about a similar issue and i installed tegraRcmGui on my pc.
I just wanted to see if it would read recovery mode, and it did.
I also seen it was updated since its infancy, its a lot nicer now, WOw!. :) Good Job!
I seen that i could load linux kernal and dump bis key and payloads with cfm.
So i proceeded and to my surprised my screen did not die it turned on and started loading functions.
When loading fuse the console was not reading my controllers and then was saying to power off but had to hold power off for several seconds otherwise would just flash on and off.
I then loaded hekate and i found something interesting that i think may be causing the issue for the power flashing in fuse and my main issue.
In hekate on the bottom is a warning. "warning: sleep mode library is missing!"
How did this happen i have no clue, i would not have been messing with files like that unless it got corrupted a while ago.

So what can i do? i dont want to install nothing that will mess my system up but i did see somefeatures to restore partitions and boot something.

All the help would be greatfull
Thanks

Reactions: sarkwalvein

CosmicArray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any help for me with this issue of not having the "warning: sleep mode library is missing!" ?
Will i need to reinstall a firmware or is there a way of just getting that file from somewhere (here or elsewhere) and installing it?

I dont want to mess my console up, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have AutoRCM installed?

Is your SD card formatted as FAT32?

Do you have a NAND backup?

Also, what happens if you do the following?
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere from GitHub (currently 0.9.2)
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Last edited by Lacius,

GrimDim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone got any help for me with this issue of not having the "warning: sleep mode library is missing!" ?
Will i need to reinstall a firmware or is there a way of just getting that file from somewhere (here or elsewhere) and installing it?

I dont want to mess my console up, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Just a little tip, that warning in Hekate means you don't have the accompanying files for Hekate on your SD card (at least that happened to me when I launched the Hekate payload without anything on my SD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse