Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a LiteOn DVD drive, FW revision 74850C, and I've successfully flashed it with LT. I want to update it now to LT+, but I'm not really understanding the instructions. Is it saying that I can't dump the firmware in the normal way, and that I have to do it via the MRA method (like the newer drives)? Or can I just update it normally? Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short if you have the keys for the drive then build LT+ and flash it like you would normally.
If you lack the keys then it gets a bit tricky- older versions of ixtreme for liteon could still dump the keys by simply having the flashing program request them (technically there is a hack for LT+ that restores the 7 series probe attack but let us not go there) but LT and now LT+ in a bid to be stealthy removed that ability.
As LT and LT+ are based on one of the 8v2/9 series liteon firmwares the only known/public attack against them (assuming you lack a CPU key) is the MRA hack or a variation of said hack if you screwed up and lost the keys then you get to do the MRA hack to get them back.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Long story short if you have the keys for the drive then build LT+ and flash it like you would normally.
If you lack the keys then it gets a bit tricky- older versions of ixtreme for liteon could still dump the keys by simply having the flashing program request them (technically there is a hack for LT+ that restores the 7 series probe attack but let us not go there) but LT and now LT+ in a bid to be stealthy removed that ability.
As LT and LT+ are based on one of the 8v2/9 series liteon firmwares the only known/public attack against them (assuming you lack a CPU key) is the MRA hack or a variation of said hack if you screwed up and lost the keys then you get to do the MRA hack to get them back.
Thanks for the help. Luckily I still had my keys stored, so it was easy going. Really lucky actually, because I really didn't want to spend more money on a probe for the MRA hack!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probe? While they do exist you can do the MRA hack with a couple of bits of wire and some solder, indeed unless you play the mod drives for many other people I would not bother with a probe beyond that of the 7 series liteon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup