Trouble with sd card(bought from shoptemp)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dhnods, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dhnods
    OP

dhnods Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2010
    United States
    Hi, I bought a acekard 2i with a Kingston 4gb microSD recently and just started trying to get it going. I have immediately run into a problem as my computer is not recognizing the SD card when I plug it in. I am putting the micro SD into the adapter and plugging it into the SD/MMC slot on my computer, the light turns, but the computer is not recognizing the device. I have tested on another computer with same results.

Do I have a bum micro SD card, or maybe a bum adapter? Or do I need a special driver to recognize card?

Thanks for any help.

2. d3monsting

d3monsting GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2010
    United States
    What's this box for
    Try a new MicroSD card adapter.

3. dhnods
    OP

dhnods Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2010
    United States
    Will do, would be cheapest fix, hopefully that is it.

4. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    yeh all shoptemp microsds are real so you should be fine

5. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Check to see if there is a 'lock' tab on the side of teh adapter, if so make sure it's in the off position. I've found the MicroSD => SD adapters aren't that relible.

6. alejolink11

alejolink11 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, had the same prob. Got a new adapter and worked fine. Before that check the lock tab too. I dont think its the locked tab. That just wouldnt let you work with the card (put things in and take things out). Also I preffer microSD to USB adapters.

7. dhnods
    OP

dhnods Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2010
    United States
    Wasn't the lock tab, but I got a replacement adapter and it's working now. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice