Hacking Trouble with Flashing ntrboot (Multiple Systems)

Oriax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to start, I have already successfully gotten one 2DS XL system up and running. I followed the instructions on the 3dhacks website for a single system for the first 2DS and had zero problems.

Now, I got another system for my mom and I figured that, by using the multiple systems instructions, it would be super easy to get hers up and running (especially since I had no problems the first time).

I'm using an R4isdhc GOLD Pro 2017 for the flashcard.

I get to this point:
  1. Place the magnet on your device to trigger the sleep sensor
    • On old 2DS, you should instead enable the sleep mode switch
  2. Hold (Start) + (Select) + (X) + (Power) for several seconds, then release the buttons
    • It may take a few attempts to get this to work because the positioning is awkward
  3. If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into SafeB9SInstaller
But no matter what I do, it just puts the 2DS into sleep mode. I know that I'm pressing correct buttons, the magnet is in the correct place, I already dumped the flash and injected the ntrboot, and placed the correct files onto the correct SD cards. I'm just completely lost as to why the installer isn't triggering. Any help would be awesome because now I'm just starting to get frustrated. v-v

EDIT: I did notice that there's a DCIM folder in the screenshot of the 3dhacks website that does not exist on the 2DS SD card that I'm using.

Last edited by Oriax,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hold (Start) + (Select) + (X) should be held first.
Then press and hold Power for a few seconds.

DCIM doesn't matter.

Oriax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold (Start) + (Select) + (X) should be held first.
Then press and hold Power for a few seconds.

DCIM doesn't matter.

I FINALLY got it to work but it was after I dumped and injected again. I don't know if you'd know this or not but if I were to want to upgrade her SD card after I've finished all of this, can I just copy the contents of the one I am working on now or is there a different process I'm going to have to take?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I FINALLY got it to work but it was after I dumped and injected again. I don't know if you'd know this or not but if I were to want to upgrade her SD card after I've finished all of this, can I just copy the contents of the one I am working on now or is there a different process I'm going to have to take?
If the SD card is 64GB or greater, format it as FAT32 using GuiFormat. Then copy and paste the contents over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.