Trouble with Crisis Core: FF7

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by bling_bling2000, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bling_bling2000
    OP

bling_bling2000 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2009
    United States
    Everytime I summon Phoenix, it gets about halfway (I'm guessing) through the cinematic and then freezes. I can hear the sound for maybe a second after the video freezes, and then it stops and the screen becomes all pixelated.

I am using a cso file that I created myself out of an "untouched" iso file to play the game. I used Prometeus to take out the UPDATE folder and compress it. I am running 5.50 Prometheus-4 firmware

Any idea what I could do to fix this?

2. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Try using UMDgen to compress it to CSO instead?
    Or maybe the compression is set too high. I know for some games (Naruto Impact, for me) they won't even start up when I compress them at certain levels when others work fine.

Crisis Core works fine for me compressed, but I'm on 6.20 Pro.

3. hubadub

hubadub Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2011
    United States
    Have you tried playing it as a normal ISO so the FMV and music won't be compressed? Or like Alex above me said, trying different levels of compression? I keep most of my CSOs on either level 5 or 3 and they've never bothered me. I don't have Crisis Core to compare though. I'm on 6.20 Pro too btw.

4. DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    I dumped my own UMD as an ISO and it works fine that way. Why not just play it that way? Don't have the room?

5. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    yeah don't compress square enix games lol