Hacking Trouble with BD Emulator (Multiman)

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Post was:
I ripped my ps3 games (portal2/bournout paradise) to my ps3's hard disk and played them with no problem from multiman and they were showing up like a real disk. A long time this was working fine, but for some reason now the games are showing up in the folder (/app_home/) above the package installer in the XMB and no longer showing up as a "real" disk. This is a problem for me because portal2 and burnout paradise are only working if the "real" disk is inserted and if I load them up via the folder, portal2 gave me a yellow triangle on boot and burnout is stuck at the loading screen.

SOLUTION:
I was playing around with the rebug toolbox and found a solution.
All I had to do was enabling the cobra mode in the tolbox and now the disc is showing up as it was before.

NOTE:
I don't know why this is working or what cobra mode is but it's working.

Last edited by Aladie,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah but the problem is I can't find a patch on the internet all downloads I found were all brocken cause they are from 2011
Unfortunately my PS3 and HDD for it are in storage.... I will try have a look see if I can work it out and I will reply back if successful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try see if this link works: https://www.4shared.com/rar/3f_4ILba/PORTAL_2_355_fix_by_Ifcaro.htm?aff=7637829

This is the actual link I posted on ps3hax lol

Reactions: Aladie

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't get the patch working I replaced the files in my ripped portal2 but I'm still getting this yellow triangle shit.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried maybe reinstalling your firmware and multiman. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted. Are these the only two games that don't work? Do you have other games you could try and see if the problem persists.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried maybe reinstalling your firmware and multiman. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted. Are these the only two games that don't work? Do you have other games you could try and see if the problem persists.

IIRC it was a known issue with certain games, from higher fw working on lower CFW.

@Aladie what CFW you running?

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IIRC it was a known issue with certain games, from higher fw working on lower CFW.

@Aladie what CFW you running?
I'm on 4.82 Rebug with 4.82.1 Cobra.
And yes these are the only games wich don't work(but they were working before) all the other games are working fine.

Last edited by Aladie,
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by KiiWii,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have burnout but I do have portal 2 and I'm also on 4.82 and no issues here. Maybe try dumping the games again or just for the heck of it try reinstalling rebug to see if it helps. Any chance you've tried loading the games via webman rather then multiman to see if they work? Multiman hasn't worked properly for me since I installed rebug 4.82 on my system and only sees one of my network games where webman works perfectly.

Last edited by fringle,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fun times of BD emulation. I've accidentally loaded my entire library of games as 1 mega disc before lol

Have you tried re-enabling the BD emulation in multiman? Sometimes it has hiccups and screws up. Also make sure that the backup has it selected in the menu that you can get into for a specific game (This might have changed idk.) I havent used my old ps3 in so long.
@Aladie

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have burnout but I do have portal 2 and I'm also on 4.82 and no issues here. Maybe try dumping the games again or just for the heck of it try reinstalling rebug to see if it helps. Any chance you've tried loading the games via webman rather then multiman to see if they work? Multiman hasn't worked properly for me since I installed rebug 4.82 on my system and only sees one of my network games where webman works perfectly.
I will try webman. I also got burnout running, I just removed the updates but that is only a solution for a few hours I want big surf Island back

The fun times of BD emulation. I've accidentally loaded my entire library of games as 1 mega disc before lol

Have you tried re-enabling the BD emulation in multiman? Sometimes it has hiccups and screws up. Also make sure that the backup has it selected in the menu that you can get into for a specific game (This might have changed idk.) I havent used my old ps3 in so long.
@Aladie
I tried that multiple times but no succes.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try webman. I also got burnout running, I just removed the updates but that is only a solution for a few hours I want big surf Island back

I tried that multiple times but no succes.
Even selecting it in the game settings itself did not work? Do you have a disc in the ps3??? lol Sorry I gotta ask.
If you do have a disc in the ps3, then I would try reinstalling multiman or redumping your game.

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even selecting it in the game settings itself did not work? Do you have a disc in the ps3??? lol Sorry I gotta ask.
If you do have a disc in the ps3, then I would try reinstalling multiman or redumping your game.
I have no disk in my ps3 and yes I tried everything in the game settings, but it did not work. In the next days I will reinstall everything on my ps3 and look if it works.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no disk in my ps3 and yes I tried everything in the game settings, but it did not work. In the next days I will reinstall everything on my ps3 and look if it works.
Well dude, stick a random disc in and load up portal 2... You need a disc in the tray for it to work. any ps3 disc

I thought it was a pain at first to have to have a random ps3 disc in there, but I just used a terrible game as the base for all of my backups.

@Aladie I hope thats the issue lol If not then idk what is

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well dude, stick a random disc in and load up portal 2... You need a disc in the tray for it to work. any ps3 disc

I thought it was a pain at first to have to have a random ps3 disc in there, but I just used a terrible game as the base for all of my backups.

@Aladie I hope thats the issue lol If not then idk what is
Well I'll try that, but I don't have a disc here cause I'm not home. Is there no other solution?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll try that, but I don't have a disc here cause I'm not home. Is there no other solution?
It needs a disc to mount over I believe. Not any other choice other than the folder loading but I dont trust that if you are going online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0