Trouble re-installing CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Diaburo, Jan 20, 2013.

Jan 20, 2013

Trouble re-installing CFW by Diaburo at 7:32 AM (470 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Diaburo
    OP

Newcomer Diaburo Member

United States
    Today I received a new MicroSDHC to Memory Stick Duo adapter and another 32GB MicroSD card hoping to increase the amount of space my memory card can hold.

I uninstalled CFW 6.60 Promod-C using Proupdate, transferred my data to my PC, then formatted my memory card. Now, I have a fresh memory card and a PSP that is running 6.60 OFW.

However, when I try to re-install CFW 6.60 all I get is a black boot-up screen then I am forced to force-shutdown my PSP system. This happens when I use both Proupdate and Fast Recovery.

Now I am stumped on how to get CFW 6.60 working on my PSP again. Any tips?

2. Orbiting234

Newcomer Orbiting234 Member

United States
    Exactly why did you take this step??? There was absolutely no reason to do so. CFW resides in the flash0 of your PSP itself. You only need the Fast Recovery on whatever memory card you want to use for when you cold boot.

3. Diaburo
    OP

Newcomer Diaburo Member

United States
    That doesn't really answer my question, I did it as a precaution before wiping my memory card.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I assume that you didn't use that 32GB stick to install PRO-C in the first place? SDHC adapters are notoriously "iffy" with firmware installations, IPL partitions and plugins.

Rydian likes this.
  5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Also I assumed that you formatted your card with the PSP itself, not the PC right ?
    Because if you format it with the PSP,all the necessary folder will be recreated, and it will work as it's supposed to.
    Format it with the PC, and you wipe out everything !