trouble modifying wads..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kmksoulja, Sep 17, 2013.

1. kmksoulja
    OP

kmksoulja Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2012
    United States
    Is there an easy way to change the name of the game on the wad channel? Like I got a program to change the pictures for the wad but when u click on the game channel it will just display "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest"

how can i change that name to a different name? is there a simple and safe way to do that?

2. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    CustomizeMii

in 'source wad', search for your wad ...then in 'title' tab , change name

3. kmksoulja
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2012
    United States
    I've already tried that. That changed the name while i have the courser hovered above the channel but when u click on it, it still says "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest"

4. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    In Customizemii extract banner.brlyt and either hex edit the name(s) or use vcbrlyt by HowardC to edit the name with a gui. The hex value for enter or line break is 0A, you will need that because if your title is too long vcbrlyt doesn't support 'enter' and it will just look odd. Note: vcbrlyt will increase the size of your brlyt by around two KB you can also trim that, they're just a bunch of 0x00 at the end of the file.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

kmksoulja likes this.
  5. kmksoulja
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2012
    United States

Thank you SuperrSonic. I finally got it figured out. You've been most helpful. Thanks alot!