OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Hi All,

Recently got into the USB Loading scene and I wanted to try it out. So I loaded a load of iso's I made from my originals to the hard drive I had lying around (40gb lappy hard drive in an enclosure) and did a test and it worked. Have around 10 games on it all working perfectly (either from the USB Loader.dol, USB loader channel or automatic channel leading to the game).

Decided to try Force Unleashed because the Wiki's said that it should work. This was also from an iso on the computer but this is the only game that wont load properly. It would start up from any booting procedure (show the loading sign in the bottom right hand corner, then health and safety then developer logos) but it will always crash at this one point, the red fade in screen after the Lucasarts logo.

Any ideas guys? Cheers
biggrin.gif

Josh

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, since I added the entry for this game on the wiki I might as well reply
smile.gif

I didn't have any problems with it at all, played fine for me. I'm not really sure what to suggest but I dumped mine off a 1:1 copy from my PC using wbfs_win_delta and not via the Wii. My console is a 3.3E with cIOS36_rev9 installed and also IOS 38, 53, and 55 (these last 3 I only added for Need For Speed / Madworld but I don't think they're relevant as Star Wars worked before I had these anyway). I've not got a modchip.

Have you tried deleting any games and then adding Star Wars again? Some people (myself included) have found that some games can corrupt as you add/remove others. Star Wars is the only game I've seen so far that brings up it's own "loading" message BEFORE the Nintendo warning screen so maybe it is corrupt even though it appears to be loading initially. I dunno... just trying to think of all the possibilities!
smile.gif

If you've managed to get the other 9 games working then you clearly know what you're doing so I think it might just be a random error. I'd just suggest that you try installing it again as this USB loader is still in its early stages
smile.gif

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had massive problems with this game - I kept getting black screen freeze ups before the game even started. I ripped it about 3 times and each time it kept freezing.

Then I made an iso of the disc using imgburn and copied it to the HD on my PC and it works perfectly. Maybe it's the amount of time the wii takes to copy large games to the HD means an increased risk of it freezing? Using the wii it was over 20 minutes to copy it to the HD, using the PC it was under two.

Hope this helps you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg