Trouble getting Xplorer360 to work...

JDavis1186

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I recently managed to get an XBox at Goodwill for $5, and (naturally) decided to mod it. I'd never had one before, so this is my first time dealing with all this.

Rather than make a USB adapter, because I'm lazy, I grabbed one of the Phantasy Star Online USB adapters for cheap on eBay, which seems to work fine. After some hunting, I found an old USB thumb drive that the XBox got along with. Haven't grabbed Splinter Cell yet, because I expected my local "retro" game store to have a copy (they didn't) and I'm fairly patient (especially since I don't even have a plan for what I'll use this thing for)

Now, I decided to be proactive and go ahead and put the necessary hacked save files on the thumb drive... And that's where things haven't gone well.

On either of my computers (both Windows 7; one 32-bit one 64), all I can get out of Xplorer360 is the error:

"Could not find a FATX drive to open!"

Naturally, I googled around for this and found a few common solutions:
  • Run as administrator
  • Run in Windows XP compatibility mode
  • Run in a Windows XP virtual machine
None of these (or the first two combined) have worked.

Now, I know the thumb drive is formated as FATX, because I've copied saves to it on the XBox and they've stayed put. Also because Windows keeps yelling at me to format the thing.

So, since I've run out of ideas, I figured I'd ask people with more experience with this sort of thing: You guys.

Suggestions?

JDavis1186

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't seem to recognize the USB drive either. Seem being the operative word, since its UI seems to have been put together by a Jr High student in 2001.

It also tells me the hacked saves aren't valid XBox saves, probably because they aren't in whatever format it uses.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I did it, I had to disable UAC to get xplorer360 to work. Not really sure why (when enabled, I was never given a UAC prompt), but I read it online, and it worked perfectly after that.

I am assuming you have formatted the drive with your Xbox, right?

EDIT: Reading ftw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o