Hacking Trinity @16197. I have a x360pro v6. Can this currently work?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree'd Dinoh. I'm terrible at soldering since my hands are shaky due to my blood running too fast through them. So I have broken, or disabled a lot of systems in the past. That's some nice soldering.

EDIT: Dinohs did you see the other mod he did with the NAND chip I believe it was? Was incredible.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
020412145600.jpg020412145528.jpg020412145425.jpg020412145333.jpg
Here you guys go. :D

Thanx for remembering. That was a very tough task to pull off. What was even worse was the fact that the alignment was off by like 1/20th of a mm and I had to heat the whole board up again, heat up the connections, and heat up the clip to the point that it became pliable but not melt so I could move it that tiny 1/20th of a mm. I like perfection. :P

I put the same type of clip on my tech wii also.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite literally the King of soldering. I'm more into software than hardware, but I like to dabble in both.

EDIT: Don't you dabble in software as well? What courses did you take to learn such things?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
My soldering skills is mostly self taught. My buddy taught me some tricks about a year after I first started soldering, albeit with a radio shack shit iron. Then I got my hot air rework station and far surpassed his skills and now I've taught him many things. But other than what my buddy has shown me, I learned everything else on my own.

My programming knowledge is mostly with qbasic and a little bit with VB. I do wireless pentesting and a general PC hardware and software tech.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so if I were to say want to code for multiple systems. What would you recommend me learn to start it off?

By systems I mainly mean PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and possible PC.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I rock a "shitty" 12w soldering iron (with a broken tip)
It gets the job done.

I'm also looking to upgrade to a temperature controlled soldering iron.
Reball station would be awesome but I lack funds for it on a serious base ;p

But that's pretty sweet~
And if you like doing it then you can achieve a lot of things ;D

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I see, so if I were to say want to code for multiple systems. What would you recommend me learn to start it off?

By systems I mainly mean PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and possible PC.
I'm not expert on programming at all. My qbasic days were nearly 20 years ago.

You probably want to learn C or C++. You can write programs in C++ for nearly every type of platform and OS out there.

Reactions: DinohScene

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
SWEET!!!

so it only took a few trimmings and I've got it now to the point that %50 of the time it will boot between 10 and 15 seconds, %25 of the time it will boot between 15 and 30 seconds, %20 of the time it will boot between 30 and 45 seconds, and %5 of the time it will either take longer than 45 seconds or I just give up and power cycle it. :D

My friend better be really fucking happy with me and this community or I will be forced to find a place to bury his body.

Thank you all so very much for your help with this. I greatly appreciate you guys spending your time to give a brother a hand.

Reactions: Devin and Sicklyboy

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the previous owner dropped this console on the ground rather hard. The optical drive doesn't read any type of discs. Am I still able to do everything with a broken drive?

I have a spare Benq drive, can I just flash that with the dvd key and have it work after spoofing it? I know I would need to do some hackery to make it fit in the console.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ouch.
Yeh, you can do everything without a broken DVD drive.
Only thing you'll need to do is to inject XeXmenu in a USB drive formatted for the 360.
From there you can start XeXmenu from the MS dash and in terms copy FSD to your HDD using the XeXMenu LiveCD (just rip all the stuff to another USB drive) ;]

If you need a copy of XeXMenu (as a GOD container) then I can upload it if you want to ;]

edit:
Benq drive can be spoofed to Phat liteons.
But you can also modify the keyvault and change the OSIG from Liteon to Benq.
Make sure you also change the DVD key then.

However, I don't know if it would fit or not.
You can try to swap the DVD bezels.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Get a USB Flash drive, and plug it into the 360.
2. Go into system settings, and go to storage. Said USB Flash drive should be there as unformatted or something similar.
3. Format the drive, and copy over some small content over to it. (This creates the needed folder structure.)
4. Grab the USB Flash drive, and plop it into your computer.
5. Next use Horizon, or Party Buffalo Device Explorer to put the C0DE99990F586558 folder into the partition 3->content->0000000000000000 folder.
6. Once done, bring the USB Flash drive to the 360 and plug it in.
7. Go back to the storage setting and copy over XeXMenu to the system storage.
8. Now go into games on the Dashboard, and you'll see XeXMenu. Launch it.
9a. Now you can take out the USB Flash drive, plug it into your computer and format it to FAT32. Once done place whatever files you want on it for XeXMenu to load.
9b. Use XeXMenu to FTP the files onto the internal HDD, and launch them from there.

Or you can fix the disc drive, and burn a copy of the XeXMenu ISO onto a disc. Glad to see you got it running.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
OMG!!! So I just had a quite the hell of a time with this 360. It started a few weeks ago when my buddy called me up to tell me that the 360 wasn't glitching anymore. The blue LED would just blink forever, so I told him to bring it over. We opened it up and there was some corrosion on the MB on the ground plane. I figured that something might have been spilled on his 360 and he assured me that nothing had. So first step was to remove the x360pro. Underneath it was quite a bit of corrosion. I'm thinking that it was residual flux that didn't clean off from the alcohol. So I cleaned it all up, soldered the bitch back on, and the thing would just blink the blue LED forever. Then it started acting weird that it wouldn't blink at all. So I hooked my pc up to it to check it the nand image was good or not, and my pc wouldn't detect the chip at all. It was intermittent. Sometimes my pc would detect that USB was plugged in, but would not query it, and other times it would not detect the plug in at all. I fucked with this thing for hours. I finally got it to the point that it would properly detect the USB, but that would not last for long. We finally decided it was best just for him to buy a new modchip.

Fast forward to today. He came over with the new modchip, the same type of modchip. I removed the old one, soldered on the new one, had a few minor hiccups along the way. Once we got everything properly set up, the thing glitched in the first 2 seconds. It was amazing. We fucked with it about 10 different times and the longest it took to glitch the 360 was about 7 seconds. HOLY CRAP!!! The cable to the reset pin of the cpu is only about 2mm shorter than it was with the previous chip. Talk about hitting the perfect sweet spot.

This may have helped a little, but I used leaded solder this time instead of silver bearing solder like I did last time. I hate using leaded solder, but I did not want to fuck around with needing flux for reworking the solder to look nice. Plus, the x360pro already has leaded solder on it anyways.

My buddy is amazed. We thought that we were at a loss with the system because we weren't exactly sure what the issue was. It had always booted into the original mode no problems, just glitching was not working.

I do have to say, the x360pro is one of the most cheapest chinese made products that I've come across. The solder pads lift up with barely any heat. And with this one, as the previous one, THE FUCKING LED'S WERE ON BACKWARDS!!! WTF!!!

I thought I'd share this info with you guys. Thanks again for all your help. I never want to touch a 360 again for the rest of my life. I hate them.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems they can't properly solder LEDs in china ._.

Neato that it works!
And that is an incredibly sweet boot time!
I haven't come across anyone being able to glitch a Slim in 7 seconds.

As for the silver bearing solder.
I use 60/40 lead tin solder and never had any problems (I have been soldering for quite some time with it and never has gotten a point come lose nor did it corrode...
I'd ask for some pics of the corrosion but I'm pretty sure you don't have them ;p

Aye no probs and yeh I do agree with you.
I also hate slims cause their a pain to open up.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The main reason why I hate leaded solder is for the fact of breathing the fumes, and also my children. One of my kids decided to eat a bunch of resistors a few years ago and we had to take her to the ER. My kids are autistic and love to put things in their mouths. It is now a few years later so I can trust them a little more, but I try not to keep harmful things around and easily accessible if I dont have to.

Yeah, my buddy and I were in shock when it booted up on the first glitch try.

As we were trying to diagnose the problem with the first chip, I hooked up my oscilloscope to the reset wire and saw that it was trying about once every 1.5 seconds. So being that I saw the green ring do it's thing after just 2 seconds this time around, it glitched on it's first try. It was shocking like "did that really just happen?". We got the best sweet spot that can be found.

These chips, the solder pads lift up so easily. I'm not even using much heat, but the pads lifted up while I was removing the old chip for the second time, and one even lifted up on the new chip. I was rather pissed. But what more can you expect from a chip that costs like $27? At least he didn't pay much for it, even though he bought it twice. It's still cheaper than buying a dual nand solution and a cool runner, shipped.

I just hope I never have to touch it again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Solid point!
I'd also had done the same thing if I where in your shoes then.
I'd prolly have a seperate room which can be locked then ;o

Ahah neat~

Aye true.
I prefer to use TX stuff, it never failed me and their products are of a good quality.
However their attitude is a bit more disappointing ;p
But that's just me own opinion.

Glad that it's working correctly again!
And at an amazing boot time ofcourse.

>ships 10 360's your way.
Could you please RGH them and install Dual NANDs ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1