trimming .sdat

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by loco365, Feb 13, 2011.

Feb 13, 2011

trimming .sdat by loco365 at 5:54 PM (752 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. loco365
    OP

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I don't really know if it is possible, but I need to remove some specific .sseq files from a .sdat and reduce it's size. Is that possible?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Time was I would trim SDAT files with a hex editor (no attention to the header or anything) and the rom would still work although that is not quite the same.

Anyhow yes you can just remember to double up on anything that you remove similar to how you might for a basic audio tweak hack and redo the pointers (header, FAT section, symb, info and the like) as you probably expect to. Everything else should be unaffected/self contained in their sub files.

I have to ask though- are you really that close to the DS rom size limit- 32 bit reads make for a 512 meg game give or take the header.

3. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    edit: got confused with different subjects.

remove this post please.

4. loco365
    OP

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Well, my intentions are to add the BGM of Pokemon Black to Pokemon Diamond, but keep the BGM of Pokemon Diamond. But, all I need is music, not any sound effects. I was afraid of pointers, but if a list can be generated, it would be much easier.