Tricky Questions Test

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by EpicFace, Oct 30, 2011.

?

If you chose to answer this question at random, what are the chances you will be right?

  1. 25%

    20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. 50%

    25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. 60%

    3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. 25%

    4 vote(s)
    7.7%
Oct 30, 2011

Tricky Questions Test by EpicFace at 11:47 PM (947 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

  1. EpicFace
    OP

    Newcomer EpicFace Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2011
    Messages:
    20
    Country:
    United States
    Hmm......wil you get them right?
    If you do.......CONGRATS!
     
  2. Veho

    Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2006
    Messages:
    8,455
    Location:
    Zagreb
    Country:
    Croatia
    The first one is a paradox and doesn't have an answer. How is the third one tricky? It seems pretty straightforward.
     
    2 people like this.
  3. ThatDudeWithTheFood

    Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2,198
    Location:
    Illuminati
    Country:
    United States
    Got them all right.First one does have an answer btw.
     
  4. junkerde

    Banned junkerde Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Messages:
    483
    Country:
    United States
    i got them all right, how lame not even tricky
     
  5. Veho

    Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2006
    Messages:
    8,455
    Location:
    Zagreb
    Country:
    Croatia
    It doesn't. By picking at random, there's a 50% chance you'll pick 25%, and a 25% chance you'll pick 50%. So if the correct answer was 50%, you'd have a 25% chance of picking that answer, but then the correct answer would be 25%, and there's a 50% chance of getting that one, but then the correct answer would be 50%... and so on. Recursion.

    Of course, that's assuming you're picking an answer from the four given, and not the entire range of possible answers (the question doesn't specify).
     
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nathan Drake

    Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    Messages:
    6,192
    Country:
    Antarctica
    For people answering the second question:

    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  7. s4mid4re

    Member s4mid4re  

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1,669
    Country:
    United States
    My answers:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  8. SinHarvest24

    Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2010
    Messages:
    999
    Location:
    Anywhere you think of me.
    Country:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    What exactly is the correct answer for the last one?
     
  9. ThatDudeWithTheFood

    Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2,198
    Location:
    Illuminati
    Country:
    United States
    Well played Veho,
    Well played indeed.
     
  10. Nathan Drake

    Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    Messages:
    6,192
    Country:
    Antarctica
    Problem 2:

    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
    1 person likes this.
  11. JoostinOnline

    Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Messages:
    10,834
    Location:
    The Twilight Zone
    Country:
    United States
    Answers:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  12. air2004

    Member air2004 Air

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,533
    Location:
    Anytown
    Country:
    United States
    you can only take 5 from 25 once .....after that you would be subtracting from 20 , then 15 , then 10 , then 5
     
  13. Hells Malice

    Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    5,651
    Country:
    Canada
    #3 is purely opinion, thus not tricky.

    Shoulda had more, real, questions.
     
  14. air2004

    Member air2004 Air

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,533
    Location:
    Anytown
    Country:
    United States
    If you like brain teasers , you should look here http://www.oocities.org/heartland/park/6934/MTQuestions.html , its questions and answers from a game called mind trap , it was really cool when I was in high school
     
  15. Nah3DS

    Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2010
    Messages:
    3,553
    Country:
    Argentina
    I won, give me my million dollars
     
  16. Gahars

    Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2011
    Messages:
    10,254
    Location:
    New Jersey
    Country:
    United States
    Alright, answer time.

    Warning: Spoilers inside!

    Probabilities (or math in general) have never been my strong suit, so I'm probably way off.
     
  17. haflore

    Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,213
    Country:
    United States
    Only tricky one seems to be the first since both 50% and 25% are valid answers...:unsure:
    Anyway, I answered 50%, 1, yes! Give me the money!
     
  18. The_Dragons_Mast

    Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2007
    Messages:
    613
    Country:
    Egypt
    Well as already said 1 got no real answer it really depends on your point of view on which is better .
    Anyway here is my answers:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  19. hellklown

    Newcomer hellklown Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2007
    Messages:
    48
    Location:
    Mexicali, B.C.
    Country:
    Mexico
    My answers:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
     
  20. _Chaz_

    Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2009
    Messages:
    5,624
    Country:
    United States
    My Answers
     

Share This Page