translator hombrew?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by spleenandpie, Oct 13, 2008.

1. spleenandpie
    OP

spleenandpie GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Halifax,Nova Scotia
    i onced found this hombrew for ds that worked as a french to english or english to french translator that work extremly well but it only work on an emulator and not on my r4. i tried to dili patch it but it said it wasent dili patch supported.

is there a diffrent hombrew translator(i only need english to french and french to english translations)

would love this [​IMG]

2. CorruptedAngel

CorruptedAngel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2008
    Yorkshire
  3. spleenandpie
    OP

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Halifax,Nova Scotia
    no!!! these are the ones i was talking about. they only work on an emulator(both of the links are to downlaod the same thing)

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    contact the person who made the homebrew and ask for english support.
    get the source and edit the french to english yourself.
    learn how to hack/make language patches.

-another world

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Another World, the reason TranslatorDS doesn't work for him isn't due to a lack of English support. It's because the program only works on slot-2 devices due to the way it embeds the dictionary files into the *.nds file itself. I use the program for Spanish-English translations on my slot-2 Supercard, but if I had a slot-1 device I'd be out of luck.

I know there are some other translations programs out there but I can't remember what they're called. You can try DSDict I suppose, dunno if there will be any dictionary files that will work for you though.

6. nannys_hedgehog

nannys_hedgehog Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Try newdicts (supports about 1000 stardict dictionaries). There is an english tutorial at PALIB.

7. spleenandpie
    OP

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Halifax,Nova Scotia
  8. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    looks like i read his post wrong, i thought he wanted homebrew translated to english =P

-another world

9. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Do they market My French Coach in Canada? I have My Spanish Coach and it has a pretty decent dictionary which goes both ways. It even includes soundbytes for pronunciation.