Translation Tutor Request

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Gagarin, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009

Translation Tutor Request by Gagarin at 3:34 PM (602 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    First of all, is it a good idea to translate the games from J if you dont speak Japanesse at all and you willing to use online (google) service?
    I want to learn how to translate the J games, just simply menu translations not some RPG or something.
    Is there a tutor on line with tools list and step by step? If no, is anyone willing to make one or help me to start?
    What game should be good to start? Is Rittai Picross or Lode Runner easy to translate?
    Is there a list of good J only and easy to translate games (non big texts RPG)?

2. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    From what I have learned, you should learn a bit of Japanese if you are going to translate. From my time here, I also learned that online translations suck major ball sacks. For a tutorial, go to http://www.romhacking.net/start and get a hang of the stuff. The documents there are outdated but still accurate. Game wise, I don't really know but you should start with easy puzzle games or something. Good luck with your attempts. Thats enough info to get your feet wet.