ROM Hack Translation Translation help for Attack on Titan 2 Future Coordinates

Gabu_56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to start a translation project for this game, after extracting the cxi file I came across these folders and files, now how do I get access to the game texts? is there any specific program for this type of file? Kuriimu didn't work. inside the folders there are files without an extension that I don't know how they work.

Attachments

• print ajuda.png
    print ajuda.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: Stefano_Lassandro

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shoot up a hex editor and look into the first 4-8 bytes. Those are called magic bytes. They usually tell what kind of format the file is. That way you may at least know what to look for.
(May be not helpful) Here is a list with common file types:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_signatures

Last edited by GothicIII,

Gabu_56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I put it on HxD but I still haven't figured out the format, I'll keep trying, but thanks for the tip :)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can't determine which format it is (e.g. magic byte missing) then it is some custom made container stuff. That is tricky since either the files are obfuscated, packed with an algorithm you don't know and/or encrypted with a specific key stored in the binary or library of the game.

Either way you need a good amount of knowledge to reverse engineer such a file.
You can get lucky and if you know some layouts of packing algorithms (like e.g. gzip) you could analyze those patterns in HxD and see that some parts of the container use it and unpack those parts manually.
Usually you need to break the binary down and use some debugger to reverse engineer the file formats and write a tool for it.

Keep in mind getting the files out of the container is most of the times easier than to repack them in the proper format. And you have to repack them.
Good luck!

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: Gabu_56

ohmmy11

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
could you give me a file when you finished this project please ? i want to play this game from bottom of my heart but i have nothing bout Japanese language , Thank u .

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is perhaps the best 3DS game not released in the west. Not only was AoT: Humanity In Chains an incredible, fully featured game, but this one expands and improves on the original in every way.

KingA107

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to start a translation project for this game, after extracting the cxi file I came across these folders and files, now how do I get access to the game texts? is there any specific program for this type of file? Kuriimu didn't work. inside the folders there are files without an extension that I don't know how they work.
How has this translation been going?

Gabu_56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, sorry to bring bad news but the truth is that after so long trying, I realized that I don't have the programming experience to make this translation possible, my intention was to create this translation for all of us who like SNK, I talked to some experts at subject and I was told that I would need a dedicated team to translate this game and as I am alone I don't have the ability to make our dream of playing this amazing game come true. The extracted files don't have a specific encoding that I can figure out, so someone very good at reverse engineering would have to analyze each of the files, find out what kind of programming the original developers used to create the game and just like that, using the native programming of the game to be able to create the modifications. In other words, it would be necessary to recreate the game in another language :(

I appreciate the help of everyone involved in this post but this project is currently cancelled.

Sotaeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the files can be thrown into a hex editor using Shift-JIS encoding. (I know you tried HxD, but that doesnt have the encoding you need, try wxMEdit instead.) They have ctpk formatting which can be opened by changing the file type to .ctpk, then thrown into kuriimu2. Kuriimu2 should be able to extract the image and replace them once they're are edited. It may not be the translation you want, but that's a start.

1646957469732.png

Last edited by Sotaeko,

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some of the files can be thrown into a hex editor using shift-jis encoding. (I know you tried HxD, but that doesnt have the encoding you need, try wxMEdit instead.) They have ctpk formatting which can be opened, by changing the file type to .ctpk and thrown into kuriimu2. Kuriimu2 should be able to extract the image and replace them once they're are edited. It may not be the translation you want, but that's a start.

View attachment 301359
On what folder did you find that F1 archive? Because when you extract the romfs folder, there's a lot of numbered folder (from 0 to E), and the files inside every folder have the same name. I already found some ctpk files but not the one on your pic.

Sotaeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On what folder did you find that F1 archive? Because when you extract the romfs folder, there's a lot of numbered folder (from 0 to E), and the files inside every folder have the same name. I already found some ctpk files but not the one on your pic.
The F1 is in folder 5. From my assumption, the first 4 folders could be animations and models. From folder 5 and up I found more CPTKs throughout the rest. Not 100% sure, I just skimmmed through the files quickly.

edited for proof of location

1647019611846.png

Last edited by Sotaeko,
Reactions: NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The F1 is in folder 5. From my assumption, the first 4 folders could be animations and models. From folder 5 and up I found more CPTKs throughout the rest. Not 100% sure, I just skimmmed through the files quickly.
That's strange, the file F1 on my 5 folder is no a CTPK at all. But thanks for the info!

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Sotaeko Hmm now i re extracted the assets and found it, but when i open it, this is what i got..
1647023478117.png

Edit: i manage to open the file correctly, sadly the situation of the game is similar to DQ XI: the game uses the.ctpk files for the names of the stages, the loading screen, the intro of missions and little more. (I have to open every file to confirm it, but im 90 per sent sure, AoT Humanity in Chains also work like this.)

Still, even through it has no impact on a real traslation for the game, you can modify the ctpk files, the game will boot fine. Here's a little proof:

Attachments

• IMG_20220311_184449.jpg
    IMG_20220311_184449.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 259
Last edited by NanashiFinal13,

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Sotaeko Hmm now i re extracted the assets and found it, but when i open it, this is what i got..View attachment 301413

Edit: i manage to open the file correctly, sadly the situation of the game is similar to DQ XI: the game uses the.ctpk files for the names of the stages, the loading screen, the intro of missions and little more. (I have to open every file to confirm it, but im 90 per sent sure, AoT Humanity in Chains also work like this.)

Still, even through it has no impact on a real traslation for the game, you can modify the ctpk files, the game will boot fine. Here's a little proof:
How did you manage to open the files? I've checked and you can edit them without changing the extension but I can't work out how to open them properly. I'm pretty new to hex editing (managed to edit typings and learnsets on pokemon games) but reading this thread makes me want to work on the translation, even if it's just banners I'd like to do it, banners and menus should be enough for a playable experience.
Post automatically merged:

On folder number 5, the files starting from E9 up to FB are all banner related (E9 seems to be the banner background and the other ones are the banner title). all the files before that (from E8 to A4) seem to store "camera related" settings, I'm assumming they hold the camera angle setting for the stage intro but I'm not too sure, I'll keep looking to see if I can find any menu files, and while I do that I'll check if the 1st game works in a similar way, If so translating the game should be one bit easier.

Last edited by NASSULY,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: