Transition from R4 to Cyclo DS

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Slyakin, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

Transition from R4 to Cyclo DS by Slyakin at 4:43 PM (1,696 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Slyakin
    OP

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Okay, I've decided to buy myself a Cyclo DS (Had to save a LOT OF MONEY FOR IT THOUGH) and I just have a few simple questions.

1. Can I transfer my old roms and SAV files from the R4 to the Cyclo DS?
    2. How many gigabytes of memory can the Cyclo DS hold before becoming unstable?
    3. Is the Cyclo DS as simple as drag and drop?

Just to let you guys know, I'm a total noob at electronics. So, can you guys explain it in SIMPLE TERMS

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    1. Yes
    2. Anything you can buy
    3. Yes

3. Slyakin
    OP

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Wow, thanks for the info! Although, I'm that THAT MUCH of a noob. Hehe. [​IMG]

4. NatsuMatto

Member NatsuMatto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can actually just use the exact same memory card between the two... each "operating system" has its own folder, so you can just pop the card out of your R4, copy the CycloDS firmware file onto the root, then run it on the CycloDS. If you ever need to go back to using the R4, you can just stick the memory card back and let rip.

The only thing that is really different about the CycloDS is the cheat file you need (if you use cheats). Go to Narin's cheat thread here on GBATemp and find the appropriate cheat file (what is it... user.evocheats?). Place this into the CycloDS folder on the root of the memory card, and you'll be good to go... the CycloDS will give you the same prompt "do you wish to enable cheats?" as the R4 before loading a ROM (but you do have to enable cheats in the settings menu first).