Hacking Question Transferring Sysnand (CFW) to Emunand

Arcazle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have been using Atmosphere on my Switch for ages and am currently on 9.0.1. What I want to do is move my CFW Sysnand over to Emunand and then flash my clean nand from my computer to Sysnand in order to go online. I’m trying to do this on two separate SD cards also. How could I go about this?

The clean nand on the computer is of a lower firmware version (in the 8’s) will this blow fuses or be an issue in any way?

Any help would be appreciated.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Create EmuMMC, copy Nintendo folder to your EmuMMC folder and then restore your clean NAND backup. But test EmuMMC before you restore your backup. A backup with lower firmware can’t burn fuses. Check your current fuse count in hekate.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I have been using Atmosphere on my Switch for ages and am currently on 9.0.1. What I want to do is move my CFW Sysnand over to Emunand and then flash my clean nand from my computer to Sysnand in order to go online. I’m trying to do this on two separate SD cards also. How could I go about this?

The clean nand on the computer is of a lower firmware version (in the 8’s) will this blow fuses or be an issue in any way?

Any help would be appreciated.
How many burnt fuses does your switch currently have ? If you've only burnt 9 fuses or less (the amount required for 8.0.1) you may want to keep it at that number since you will be able to downgrade to 7.0.0, a firmware that should eventually get access to the déjà vu exploit. If so then you will need to activate autoRCM and to use ChoiDuJourNX to update your sysNAND to 9.1 without burning more fuses.
Also there is no need to set up your emuNAND on a separate SD card (except if your card is too small to contain the games you want t play online and the games you want to play on CFW of course).

Arcazle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many burnt fuses does your switch currently have ? If you've only burnt 9 fuses or less (the amount required for 8.0.1) you may want to keep it at that number since you will be able to downgrade to 7.0.0, a firmware that should eventually get access to the déjà vu exploit. If so then you will need to activate autoRCM and to use ChoiDuJourNX to update your sysNAND to 9.1 without burning more fuses.
Also there is no need to set up your emuNAND on a separate SD card (except if your card is too small to contain the games you want t play online and the games you want to play on CFW of course).

I have burnt 11 fuses according to Hekate. Is there anyway to check what firmware version my Nand backup is because I don't remember?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have burnt 11 fuses according to Hekate. Is there anyway to check what firmware version my Nand backup is because I don't remember?
You can une this to check the FW of your backup : https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/
But restoring your backup won't burn more fuses for sure since it was made in a FW lower or equal to your current FW.

If you have 11 burnt fuse then I don't think you should worry about burning more fuses when you update your sysNAND since it seems very unlikely than a new exploit will be discovered for FW higher than 7.0 anytime soon, and you can use the TegraRCM exploit anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: