Hacking Transferring PSP games to the Vita

fuzzy_cheez2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen several tools that allow for ways to download .pkg files, but none of them seem to pertain to what I need.

What I'm trying to do is download a couple of PSP games that I have legitimately purchased off of PSN - namely Syphon Filter: Combat Ops and Phantasy Star Portable 2 - onto my Vita. Downloading them onto my PS3 does not work, as the Vita's CMA won't register that they're in the list. I had hoped that there might be some way that I could download the .pkg files of these games and put them on my Vita manually... is such a thing possible?

fuzzy_cheez2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Apparently the games aren't technically compatible with the Vita, so it won't let me download them from the Vita PSN. I know that things can still work even if they aren't considered compatible, since I also could not download my Disgaea 2 and Dissidia 012 DLC with the Vita, but I could download them with the PS3 and then transfer it over. As far as Phantasy Star itself, I know for a fact that it can work on the Vita because the European version does. I can't say for certain that I know how it all works, but my guess is that they might have to put some sort of flag (or patch, I suppose) in the game so that the Vita will recognize it as a compatible game and thus be able to transfer it. Unfortunately, since Sega has randomly decided to permanently remove PSP2 from the North American PSN without any explanation, it seems very unlikely that it will ever get that "patch" it needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...