Hacking Transferring memory cards

Zonner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it as simple as transferring the old data from my old card to my computer and transferring that data to the new card? If it's not that simple then please tell me why and how. I'm transferring a 64gb to a 256gb.

Zonner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new card was not formatted. I didn't do it because I wasn't actually the one that put henkaku on the vita. The vita already had henkaku with the 64gb but that turned out to not be enough storage. Will I have to reinstall it on the new card and delete the transferred data too?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the job was done decently, Enso is installed and all plugins are in ur0, meaning they aren't on the memory card (or whatever device is replacing it) in the first place

Just zzblank and reformat your card, then copy the files again into it - should work directly

Zonner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to back up my games in QCMA but it proved to be unsuccessful. Let me see if i got this right.

I should: 1. Put the card in the vita
2. Format it
3. Transfer the data from the old MicroSD to my computer
4. Put the data on the new card
5. Put the card back in

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I tried to back up my games in QCMA but it proved to be unsuccessful. Let me see if i got this right.

2. Format it
5. Put the card back in
No.

Format the card with zzblank.img (there is a sticky about setting up SD2Vita that should help you with that).

After that, format it normally through the pc, but set allocation size to 64kb (only leave it as default for cards equal or lower than 128GB, which isn’t your case since you mentioned 256).

Then enable hidden files on your PC.

Finally, copy everything from old card to new.

That’s when it will work.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Do I copy all the files (ex. ud0,vs0, sa0) or just the ones in ux0?
That’s not something you would see on your memory. You only see these on vitashell.

Do this on your pc, not through vitashell.

But to get technical, yes your memory is ux0. The others are your system’s partitions.

anon420ftw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. Format it
5. Put the card back in

As Madridi said, read the sticky about SD2Vita. As long as you have an SD slot (or USB to SD adaptor) for your computer, this can all be done without your Vita involved at all. The easiest way would be to stick the old card in your pc, move everything over, stick the new card in your pc, follow the SD2Vita tutorial and then move everything to the new card. This assumes you can stick the card in your PC and aren't just connecting your Vita via the USB cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo