Hacking transferring games from pc to hard drive

rb24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted my problem earlier but it seems that I didn't describe it so much so no one really gave solution to my problem. I'm using an HD with an enclosure. Whenever I transfer games from pc to my hard drive, I see that there is some lag during the process. The effect is that the game freezes at some point. I tried transferring the game again, but when I play the game again, it just picked another random point to lock up on. I don't think its a spindown issue because I don't feel it sleeping. Although sometimes the disc slot flashes continuously until I turn my hard drive off and on again. Any ideas of what might be happening?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There can be several reasons this is happening but...

Are you using WBFS it is a problem with some people when 50+ games are put on the drive?
Is it possible it is a bad dump?
Have you tried dumping your own game and seen if that worked if not question the hard drive?
Is the hard drive listed on compatibility forums and is it known to have problems? (this happens sometimes)

Well I'm not going over the rest until you answer the ones above since it will probably help eliminate the problem.

rb24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
There can be several reasons this is happening but...

Are you using WBFS it is a problem with some people when 50+ games are put on the drive?
Is it possible it is a bad dump?
Have you tried dumping your own game and seen if that worked if not question the hard drive?
Is the hard drive listed on compatibility forums and is it known to have problems? (this happens sometimes)

Well I'm not going over the rest until you answer the ones above since it will probably help eliminate the problem.

Thank you for replying! I am using WBFS but I'm sure I don't have 50+ games. Is it possible to change it to FAT32 without reformatting my hard drive?
I thought it was just a bad dump but it happens almost always now with every game I transfer. The games I transfer from a cd seem to work perfect. I really didn't have this problem until the flashing disc slot started.

rb24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
When you created the game partition did you make it a 'primary' partition? That's important. If you do have to repartition anyways you're probably best using fat32 over wbfs.

I'm sure I made it primary. Can you give me a detailed step-by-step instruction to repartition a hard drive without wiping all my games? I'd really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...