Transferring a HDD from one XBOX to another possible?

FFsmusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm wondering if its possible to transfer a HDD from one xbox to another. My current xbox is very rusty and old and I came across a nice good condition xbox, but I have a lot of games/emus on my current HDD and i'd prefer not to re-transfer everything. Im hoping this is as simple as using chimp in a similar method to the original softmod except instead of cloning a drive I would just lock the slave drive via motherboard eeprom. Also, would it be possible to skip directly to locking the drive via booting chimp from dvd with just the new HDD in the drive? Sorry if this was already posted somewhere, I couldn't find any info via gbatemp forums / google.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to lock the old HDD to your new Xbox.
Or, unlock the old HDD and TSOP flash the new Xbox.

Regardless, I'd personally get a Kingwin IDE-SATA adapter and use a SATA HDD (if you aren't already using one)

FFsmusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to lock the old HDD to your new Xbox.
Or, unlock the old HDD and TSOP flash the new Xbox.

Regardless, I'd personally get a Kingwin IDE-SATA adapter and use a SATA HDD (if you aren't already using one)

I think you answered my question, but just to confirm. There is no files specific to the xbox on the HDD right? So as long as I lock the HDD with the correct EEPROM it will work? For instance, if I cloned a HDD 10 times I could use it on 10 different xbox's as long as they are each locked with their unique EEPROM.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope.
Unless you backuped your EEPROM to your HDD n what not.

But yep, as long as you lock the HDDs with the console specific HDD key, nothing will go wrong.

FFsmusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thank you for your help and quick response. Great to see this scene is still alive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already