Transfering saves from Loadiine to usb?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by khangress, Dec 25, 2016.

1. khangress
    OP

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    Is it possible to transfer saves from a game played on loadiine to the system memory or usb, or vice versa? I want to be able to start playing without worrying about lost progress.

2. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Saviine.

3. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    Any easier way yet?

4. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Not really. Only other way I know of is with FTPiiU, but that takes a LONG time depending on how many saves you have, and that's not even guaranteed to work because the NAND cache is a bitch.

5. Garblant

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    Ok...

6. khangress
    OP

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    thank you, ill check out saviine

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    What's easier than saviine? It's pretty simple

8. Garblant

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    It's hard to use when your wii u has to use an internet connection that can't hold an ftp connection for more than 30-40 seconds.

I just can't wait for a regular save file manager that I can use solely on the console to be developed.

(And to those that say it's impossible, it's possible, no one has put effort into developing one yet)

9. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't think anyone has ever said it's impossible.

All it would take is to create an application that applies IOSU patches if necessary, moves the saves to NAND/USB, and wipes the NAND cache. All of these steps have been implemented in some way in other applications, it's just a matter of making them do this task.

Since you seem to be so desperate, why not make one yourself and enjoy the praise of GBAtemp for doing it? It's really not that hard to piece together code snippets, and it's surprisingly easy to read and understand in most cases, and I say that with no prior knowledge in the C language.

Last edited by Irastris, Dec 25, 2016
  10. Garblant

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    Honestly speaking, I just like to bring up what I previously stated whenever this topic comes up. I'm not actually going to create any programs for it (At least not until I stop forgetting to do basic task... :wacko:)

11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Saviine doesn't use the Internet. It uses local network only. Speeds and connectivity shouldn't be affected by your Internet problems. If your Wii U won't hold a connection to a local server then you have an issue with your Wii U.

12. Garblant

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    I guess to be more specifically, it's like trying to start an ftp connection on a wireless connection that's constantly switching routers. It's not aproblem with the Wii u itself because my n3ds also has the same problem with ftp connections.