Hacking Transfer Wii save data via Homebrew?

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is basically dead - it freezes after minutes of use, I can't even NAND backup, and I'm ready to purchase another (Almost 3 years with this launch Wii).

I'd like to keep my save files, but I haven't been able to get to the system menu to save my life. Is there any way to transfer save files to the SD card with a Homebrew app?

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you got BootMii?

Just start HBC and load this!

There you can extract all your Saves.

To install them, you´ll have to start the game once on the new Wii and then install them (I don´know exactly, you could also try without starting it once!).

greets, user423
yay.gif

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One reason your Wii could be freezing up on you is because the CPU is getting too hot.
Open it up and make sure the fans are still working.

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
One reason your Wii could be freezing up on you is because the CPU is getting too hot.
Open it up and make sure the fans are still working.

Tried this. My Wii isn't even incased and we had a fan blowing directly on it for a while. This worked for a couple months but now it's kind of shot.

Thanks for the replies though, guys! I can always count on gbatemp.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you haven't softmod, so no hbc, no cios and i hope no system menu 4.3, you can run bannerbomb and pussieloader by giantpune to transfer your savefile

bg4m3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is
Ok, thanks. Lastly - I don't see Rock Band DLC saves here. Are my Pay & Play data screwed?
DLC, like all other game downloads, are tired to your shop account, which is tired to the specific console. If you can get nintendo to transfer your shop account to the new console, you can redownload, but that's unlikely, and since you've opened your wii, sending it in isn't an option either. There should be a downloaded content file though...were you saving them to sd maybe? Try to redownload them to the system, if you can keep the Wii running long enough...
Might try talking to Activision maybe...if your game is legal...

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My Wii is basically dead - it freezes after minutes of use, I can't even NAND backup, and I'm ready to purchase another (Almost 3 years with this launch Wii).

I'd like to keep my save files, but I haven't been able to get to the system menu to save my life. Is there any way to transfer save files to the SD card with a Homebrew app?
Did You tried to borrow power brick and check if it is not the cause?
You are lying to us. "it freezes after minutes of use" - in 2 minutes You are able to launch HBC, run SG manager, copy one save.
Is time to hang related to presence of usb devices?
Open Wii, set big fan to cool whole Wii mainboard and check if it change anything.

One question of very big importance.
Did You use PimpMyWii even once?

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is
DLC, like all other game downloads, are tired to your shop account, which is tired to the specific console. If you can get nintendo to transfer your shop account to the new console, you can redownload, but that's unlikely, and since you've opened your wii, sending it in isn't an option either. There should be a downloaded content file though...were you saving them to sd maybe? Try to redownload them to the system, if you can keep the Wii running long enough...
Might try talking to Activision maybe...if your game is legal...
If You don't care about old Wii You could send it anyway - not for repair but for content transfer.
Just call N and say that it broke and You are interested in transfer only.
Of course after You recover saves.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use a USB loader? If so, all three of the major loaders can use an emulated nand on an SD card to save games and DLC. It's not 100% compatible, but its pretty good, in my experience.

If you can load homebrew, you can try wiiflow, which can do a batch extract of saves and such to SD. The cool part of this method is, when you replace your wii, you can install wiiflow and continue using your saves on the emuNAND on SD, without worrying about copying things from place to place, or playing each game once before you can even copy things (which can become a real pain in a hurry, especially if you are fond of RPGs like I am, and have to get 20 minutes into each game before you can save!)

You will have to copy some files to the nand of your new wii; for example, I'm told Skyward Sword doesn't work with the emuNAND. But those are rare cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM