Transfer RedNAND to EmuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hyoretsu, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Hyoretsu
    OP

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    How can I delete my RedNAND, create an EmuNAND and move the contents from one to another (Don't want to lose my 10GB worth of installed games)?

2. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    why do that? Virtually same thing but rednand is a little smaller?

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I do believe emunand9 can convert redNAND to emuNAND
    But I don't see the reason, redNANDs are the same and also smaller

GilgameshArcher and Hyoretsu like this.
  4. Hyoretsu
    OP

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    If I backup my RedNAND, backup my entire microSD, create an EmuNAND and then restore my RedNAND backup, will it work? I have 7GB of storage and it's saying "Not enough space for GW type EmuNAND".

Also, which type of backup should I do? Normal or min size?

Last edited by Hyoretsu, Nov 12, 2016
  5. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    if your trying to switch sd cards, put in your new SD card and use emunand 9 to create a emunand partition. follow this by copying over your files except the 3ds folder. instead open up the 3ds folder and there should be a folder with numbers, open that then there should be another folder with numbers, open that one and copy those files (numbers (folder names) will be different on the new SD card and needs to be copied over into the new 3ds folder. Next afetr making space on your old sd card you can backup your emunand. copy over thae nand backup then you can inject that nand

6. Hyoretsu
    OP

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    I was going to use Gateway, so I installed RedNAND. But then I realized that Gateway only supports EmuNAND, but I already had download more than 10GB of games, including Pokémon Sun, so now I'm trying to delete my RedNAND and create an exact copy of it, but now as EmuNAND (with all the games I had installed).

7. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    U should kick off Emuna/RedNAND out and start using A9LH+SysNAND+Luma

8. Hyoretsu
    OP

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    I am (a9lh+BootCTR9+Luma3DS+Gateway+EmuNAND), but I still use EmuNAND because:
    1. I kinda like the concept of EmuNAND
    2. I have storage available (16GB, soon I'll have 64GB. Also, I have another 64GB for games because of my Gateway)