Hacking Transfer PSP iso from pc to PSP

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remember using a homebrew to stream games (ISO/CSO) from the PC to the PSP via USB... I don't remember the name of it though. It allowed me to play my games with a tiny memory stick.

edit: or you can just plug your PSP in and copy the game if it's what you're looking for

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly, they go in ms0:ISO, not ms0:PSP/ISO. I always thought it was weird.
Don't forget "ef0:\ISO" if it's a PSP Go's internal memory :)
How can I transfer PSP iso from pc to PSP?
Does someone have tutorial so explain that?
So, putting files on your PSP is a pretty simple process, and it's actually kind of sad good tutorials for the simple things like this are slowly becoming harder and harder to find. Okay, here's a small step-by-step, assuming you don't use a plugin like Game Categories. I'm going to give directions for both using a USB cable and just using the memory card.

1. Power on your PSP. Using the appropriate USB cable, connect it to your PC.
OR
A. Remove your PSP's memory card and insert it into the appropriate adapter for your PC.

2. Using your PC, file browse to your USB-connected PSP.
OR
B. Using your PC, file browse to the memory card you inserted.

3/C. If you are transferring PSP ISO files, they go in "ms0:\ISO" for a regular PSP, "ef0:\ISO" for PSP Go. (Your PC won't actually call those "ms0" and "ef0," those are the names the PSP itself uses for them. Your PC will assign a drive letter to the memory card or USB-connected PSP, such as "H:." The PSP Go specifically uses both "ms0" and "ef0," "ms0" for it's memory card, "ef0" for the built-in storage.)

4/D. Games like PSX conversions, homebrew games and emulators should go in either "ms0:\PSP\GAME" or "ef0:\PSP\GAME," depending on the hardware you're using and your preferences. Again, this assumes you're not using a plugin that changes where some things go, like Game Categories.

5. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the PSP's USB connection, then press Circle on the PSP to end it's USB mode. You may now unplug the USB cable.
OR
E. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the memory card and return it to your PSP.

6/F. You're done, enjoy those games!

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

HoaiTrung97

Hikikomori-Senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't forget "ef0:\ISO" if it's a PSP Go's internal memory :)

So, putting files on your PSP is a pretty simple process, and it's actually kind of sad good tutorials for the simple things like this are slowly becoming harder and harder to find. Okay, here's a small step-by-step, assuming you don't use a plugin like Game Categories. I'm going to give directions for both using a USB cable and just using the memory card.

1. Power on your PSP. Using the appropriate USB cable, connect it to your PC.
OR
A. Remove your PSP's memory card and insert it into the appropriate adapter for your PC.

2. Using your PC, file browse to your USB-connected PSP.
OR
B. Using your PC, file browse to the memory card you inserted.

3/C. If you are transferring PSP ISO files, they go in "ms0:\ISO" for a regular PSP, "ef0:\ISO" for PSP Go. (Your PC won't actually call those "ms0" and "ef0," those are the names the PSP itself uses for them. Your PC will assign a drive letter to the memory card or USB-connected PSP, such as "H:." The PSP Go specifically uses both "ms0" and "ef0," "ms0" for it's memory card, "ef0" for the built-in storage.)

4/D. Games like PSX conversions, homebrew games and emulators should go in either "ms0:\PSP\GAME" or "ef0:\PSP\GAME," depending on the hardware you're using and your preferences. Again, this assumes you're not using a plugin that changes where some things go, like Game Categories.

5. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the PSP's USB connection, then press Circle on the PSP to end it's USB mode. You may now unplug the USB cable.
OR
E. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the memory card and return it to your PSP.

6/F. You're done, enjoy those games!
I also think like you, just put it in the game directory in the SD card is ok then. (´▽`*)

D

Deleted User

I remember using a homebrew to stream games (ISO/CSO) from the PC to the PSP via USB... I don't remember the name of it though. It allowed me to play my games with a tiny memory stick.
anybody have any info on this^^^^^ my mem stick is only 2 gigs so i dont have room for jack shit and im dirt poor so i cant afford a bigger mem stick

Alex90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
as a guy with a 2gb mem stick myself i can say the only space problem i have is with the translated final fantasy type-0 :sleep: + umdgen or isoshrinker helps squeez more games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-