Transfer PSP iso from pc to PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PikachuPrincess23, Sep 17, 2018.

1. PikachuPrincess23
    OP

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Norway
    How can I transfer PSP iso from pc to PSP?
    Does someone have tutorial so explain that?

2. natinusala

natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    I remember using a homebrew to stream games (ISO/CSO) from the PC to the PSP via USB... I don't remember the name of it though. It allowed me to play my games with a tiny memory stick.

edit: or you can just plug your PSP in and copy the game if it's what you're looking for

3. ry755

ry755 Fox

Nov 29, 2017
    United States
    California
    Just copy them over with the usb cable. IIRC they go in /PSP/ISO

4. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Not exactly, they go in ms0:ISO, not ms0:PSP/ISO. I always thought it was weird.

5. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Washington State
    Don't forget "ef0:\ISO" if it's a PSP Go's internal memory :)
    So, putting files on your PSP is a pretty simple process, and it's actually kind of sad good tutorials for the simple things like this are slowly becoming harder and harder to find. Okay, here's a small step-by-step, assuming you don't use a plugin like Game Categories. I'm going to give directions for both using a USB cable and just using the memory card.

1. Power on your PSP. Using the appropriate USB cable, connect it to your PC.
    OR
    A. Remove your PSP's memory card and insert it into the appropriate adapter for your PC.

2. Using your PC, file browse to your USB-connected PSP.
    OR
    B. Using your PC, file browse to the memory card you inserted.

3/C. If you are transferring PSP ISO files, they go in "ms0:\ISO" for a regular PSP, "ef0:\ISO" for PSP Go. (Your PC won't actually call those "ms0" and "ef0," those are the names the PSP itself uses for them. Your PC will assign a drive letter to the memory card or USB-connected PSP, such as "H:." The PSP Go specifically uses both "ms0" and "ef0," "ms0" for it's memory card, "ef0" for the built-in storage.)

4/D. Games like PSX conversions, homebrew games and emulators should go in either "ms0:\PSP\GAME" or "ef0:\PSP\GAME," depending on the hardware you're using and your preferences. Again, this assumes you're not using a plugin that changes where some things go, like Game Categories.

5. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the PSP's USB connection, then press Circle on the PSP to end it's USB mode. You may now unplug the USB cable.
    OR
    E. Once all your transfers are done, use your PC to safely eject the memory card and return it to your PSP.

6/F. You're done, enjoy those games!

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox, Sep 18, 2018
    hoodhippo, SCOTT0852 and ry755 like this.
  6. HoaiTrung97

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Aug 15, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya New Generation
    I also think like you, just put it in the game directory in the SD card is ok then. (´▽`*)

7. Sinful Shadow

Sinful Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    anybody have any info on this^^^^^ my mem stick is only 2 gigs so i dont have room for jack shit and im dirt poor so i cant afford a bigger mem stick

8. lucks

lucks GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2015
    Canada
    RemoteJoy lite is the name

But it was not working well, at least for me.

9. Sinful Shadow

Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    no that streams your psp's screen to a pc thats not what is being described in my last post

10. natinusala

natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    The name was USB ISO Loader IIRC

11. Alex90

Alex90 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    Romania
    as a guy with a 2gb mem stick myself i can say the only space problem i have is with the translated final fantasy type-0 :sleep: + umdgen or isoshrinker helps squeez more games

12. Sinful Shadow

Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    yea i fugured that out myself only the problem now is i cant find a working download link i found this thread http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7407 but the download link is dead can anyone help me find a working link