Hacking Transfer/Installation between PSTV USB

Primula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A unique question that I have after looking through some thread that didn't quite answer it....

I know that you can transfer your whole memory card to the pstv usb and that be that afterward "ux0<->uma0" and it will act like the main memory card till reset. Once that done my question is after you start using it like normal but when you either want to transfer things to pspemu "ISO or Game" folder or installing things.

Do you still have to use filezilla and transfer things over the net to the pspemu folder and a random place for vpk installation or you can remove the usb and put those files in those location and put it back in the PSTV?

I will be performing some trail and error on my PSTV either tonight or tomorrow with my Sandisk 128gb ultra fit drive I just got in.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
A unique question that I have after looking through some thread that didn't quite answer it....

I know that you can transfer your whole memory card to the pstv usb and that be that afterward "ux0<->uma0" and it will act like the main memory card till reset. Once that done my question is after you start using it like normal but when you either want to transfer things to pspemu "ISO or Game" folder or installing things.

Do you still have to use filezilla and transfer things over the net to the pspemu folder and a random place for vpk installation or you can remove the usb and put those files in those location and put it back in the PSTV?

I will be performing some trail and error on my PSTV either tonight or tomorrow with my Sandisk 128gb ultra fit drive I just got in.
No, plug usb to pc and copy...

Reactions: Primula

Primula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks my theory of that did believe it would allow that but you know sometime there some stupid restrictions on things that make things make sense to happen and yet it doesn't.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
thanks my theory of that did believe it would allow that but you know sometime there some stupid restrictions on things that make things make sense to happen and yet it doesn't.
Yeap, some you can meet when would try install all things and games on it)

Primula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I wonder since backing up to the usb drive from the memory card can the opposite apply as well.... For example you play some game on the pstv side but want to transfer the data to the psvita card. Will it recognize and transfer it back correctly....

I believe that should work but...who knows...

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Now I wonder since backing up to the usb drive from the memory card can the opposite apply as well.... For example you play some game on the pstv side but want to transfer the data to the psvita card. Will it recognize and transfer it back correctly....

I believe that should work but...who knows...
Well yeah, but something would not transfer: saves, trophy's + no info about installed apps (no any game in menu)

Primula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless those save manager can do something I might have to dedicate certain game to either the vita or the pstv for the vita games. Emulation games i know I don't have to worry about.

I haven't play with the save manager much to understand the capability so far i just did a full game backup with the save... as for the trophy i totally dont care about them

Thanks for answer my questions btw

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Even you can change the storage you use, folders, icons will be kept.

For example I transferred my backups to Samsung 1 TB story over content manager, then created another 150 GB HDD both was cutting connection aftera certain period of time soI connecteda flash disk to PC and copied the foldersof the gamesI want to app folder. Now whenI mount flash disk all my games and folders appear but whenI try to runa game that isn't on the flash disk device saying something like files missing install again".

But putting a memory card is deleting whole folders and icons since it's starting with a database refresh.

Primula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hummm... playing with my pstv a bit more.... notice if i don't have my memory card in I don't have my pspdemo for ark and adrenaline but everything else is there when I mount my UMA0 and refresh the tiles.

O_O"....

Initial test and back up was with my memory card and transfer all of ux0: to the flash drive and then mount it. Everything tested nice with some input lag in certain application. Installed vpk was ok till I hit some game that got block by the whitelist stuff.

Now I wanted to see what will happen without my memory card as such I know it will use it limited memory of what it had on it before with it setup. Load up henkaku, force to update vitashell to 4.2 "since it only automatically went to 4.1" so I can do the uma0 mount, and just like I mention above refresh the tiles only to see I have half the setting still that was on the pstv and with most if not all the stuff I installed from vitashell. So with uma mount with the mount as ux0 I missing my games/demos that have adrenaline, ark, vhbl, and a random demo for something else. I do have my BlackRockShooter still....nvm don't have BRS

If anyone know the answer to that I appreciate it if not I be doing more trial and error to see what up... as I type this... I guess I found out... why... it was in the ur0 section which is two different thing on each system... I wonder if I can simply transfer those folder to and from each other.... I will see in a bit haha....

>.> post before I answer my own question....
and... transferring that folder didn't do anything unless I have to do a db edit too... bah too much work on that...
can't wait till I can put a regular memory card in my vita....

hummmm what the best way to put demo on the pstv... qcma would work but I attempt to do wireless... xxx or xxxx min time... to transfer 4 30-150mb game data....updated qcma and it transfer faster... got my ark and vhbl back but issue with adrenaline

------------------------------------------------------

• Henkaku USB Storage once the full ux0 backup is done the usb device will still act like a usb storage without issue "allow to load up the vpk for install so you dont have to ftp it and then install or dropping the eboot, iso, sms, and such to the correct location" Note: not all icons/app might not transfer mainly psn game from what I tested.
  • Adrenaline, ark, vhbl, and psn fixed had to mess with qcma and transfer them back to pstv
  • Adrenaline had to fix the config.txt inside the ur0 location instead of ux0 and reset and reload henkaku "Just in case I have the adrenaline line in both config just in case"
  • Long transfer time with qcma... I don't know what fixed it but it greatly shorten when I updated qcma and transfer one at a time.
  • According to online save manager will allow me to transfer my save back and forth on compatible game but not between physical and dump. "Or I can do a full backup through qcma and restore when needed."
  • PSTV Whitelist for block vita game require v1 v2 to accept most game "keep in mind that some game require front and back touch screen play" Note: Whitelister.vpk or AntiBlacklist.vpk can do it automatically.
  • Depend how things are transfer, backup, or restore, some thing might be missing and may require a reinstall. Saves, Trophy and information might be missing because of it.

Last edited by Primula,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans