Transfer Games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bi388, Dec 12, 2016.

1. bi388
    OP

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    So I havent been paying attention to the 3ds scene for over half a year, I recently got a new n3ds xl and installed a9lh onto it. My question is what is the easiest way to transfer games (not linked to nnid or purchased) both 3ds and gba, as well as the save data. Do I have to back them up as cia and individually reinstall them all, or use tickets? Thanks :)

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    If they are not legitimate purchase you need to reinstall the cia on the new system and rip and transfer the save

bi388 likes this.
  3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Save data will transfer with a system transfer (I assume you are talking about this since you mentioned them being or not being legit - if there was no system transfer they'd have to be reinstalled whether legit or not)
    Also the game data will transfer, the only thing you don't get is the ticket (which is what makes it show up in the home menu). Use tikShop to mass install tickets and most games should show up again (any that don't you'll have to find their cia and reinstall).

bi388 likes this.