A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I currently have hacked my Wii, and have all my games (roms) on an SD card, along with homebrew apps, USB loaders, Wiiflow, etc. I want to be able to rip my Wii games (the actual CDs), and add them as a separate launcher to wiiflow....and I've read ripping a Wii game is at least a few gigs in size. So, an SD card will not cut it it sounds like.

So, this post is mainly wanting to understand how to copy/move my roms (games) from my SD card to an external hard-drive and still have all my wiiflow settings, etc. work with the external hard-drive correctly.

Hopefully, I am being clear with what the goal is here. I am unsure how complicated the process will be even though my Wii is already hacked....I'm hoping it's not too crazy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way is to use a separate 8 or 16 GB SD card and use CleanRip to back up your discs. For Gamecube games leave them exactly as is without shrinking or compressing them. For Wii games you can use Wii Backup Manager to convert them into WBFS files so they don't take up as much space. Then you can transfer them from your PC to a storage drive to use on your console. It's a bit tedious but you only need to do it once.

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to back them up directly to the external storage drive (skipping the SD card step) ?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CleanRip can back up to USB but a lot of USB devices freeze when writing large files to them. It also only rips to ISO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1