Transfer games between sysnands after format

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Osga21, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Osga21
    OP

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    I used TinyFormat to format my sysnand, is there a way for me to get back my installed cias? The SD card has not been formatted so everything is still there, just not accessible by this sysnand

2. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    No, because you formatted it, which means it's going to use a new folder inside Nintendo 3DS now instead of the last one.

IF, you have a NAND backup of the NAND that was using the last folder inside Nintendo 3DS, you could restore it and everything will show up and be fine.

3. Osga21
    OP

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Ah, didn't even think of that, glad I had a backupm from a week ago.

I had a few games installed after the backup. FBI detects them, but I can't run them and they don't appear on my home screen. Any ideas?

4. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Because they were installed after the backup, you could say in a sense that it was never installed in the first place, but theorectically speaking, if you re-install the cia's they'll be good to go.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Or you can try running tikShop. All games in the database should reappear, and you'll only have to reinstall ones that are not.