Transfer emunand from one 3DS to another (read post please)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lisreal2401, Mar 10, 2016.

1. lisreal2401
    OP

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Okay, I have a New 3DS, japanese version I want to lend an emunand - from a old 3DS, US version, with all the licenses for my apps. Is what I'm doing not possible or should it just work?

1. install New 3DS specific titles into emunand
    2. remove old 3DS specific titles from emunand - or rather, do I need to do this, and if so, what method should I use?
    3. Boot it up?

In my head it seems that simple and I don't see why I couldn't do it... but I have to missing something too.

2. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    you can do a system transfer but it will reset the emunand on the device you sending it from. look around there are tutorials but im not sure its the same for transfering to another region 3ds

Last edited by Raylight, Mar 10, 2016
  3. lisreal2401
    OP

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    No, I can't do a system transfer - it's a different region console. As far as I know from what I read you can't use the eShop once your region is changed, which isn't an issue so long as I can take my OG 3DS nand with me and run that on top of the legit Japanese nand.

4. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    i think you can inject your emunand backup into your other console but it may be a bit different if its different region youll want to look up "transfer us o3ds emunand to jpn n3ds emunand" other than that if you dont get any resaults from google wait for someone on here.