Hardware Transfer Data from CFW New 3ds to CFW o2DS

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My CFW New 3ds broke so I'm wondering if I get an adapter for my microsd and insert it into my CFW o2ds will all of my installed games work? Aside from n3ds exclusive games of course.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My CFW New 3ds broke so I'm wondering if I get an adapter for my microsd and insert it into my CFW o2ds will all of my installed games work? Aside from n3ds exclusive games of course.
No, it would not. your games are saved by encryption per console. So the old system wont read the games or saves. You would need to extract the saves from the n3ds system and inject to old 2ds as you cannot do a system transfer that way from the consoles.

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it would not. your games are saved by encryption per console. So the old system wont read the games or saves. You would need to extract the saves from the n3ds system and inject to old 2ds as you cannot do a system transfer that way from the consoles.

Alright thanks, is it possible to dump all of my saves at once or will I have to do it individually.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks, is it possible to dump all of my saves at once or will I have to do it individually.

Bad news. You can't retrieve your saves from the SD card and reuse them. They're on your card, but the only system that can recover it is your busted N3DS. Had you made backups of those saves in their decrypted form using Checkpoint or JKSM app before it broke, you would have been able to transfer your game progresses on your replacement system. Sorry bud.

If there's any counseling, you can borrow other people's saves or try to recreate your own depending which games you've played have save editors.

Look in 3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities to see if whichever of your individual games has a dedicated editor.
There are threads scattered about with shared save files, so not any one can be named. Try also looking in 3DS - Games & Content.

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad news. You can't retrieve your saves from the SD card and reuse them. They're on your card, but the only system that can recover it is your busted N3DS. Had you made backups of those saves in their decrypted form using Checkpoint or JKSM app before it broke, you would have been able to transfer your game progresses on your replacement system. Sorry bud.

If there's any counseling, you can borrow other people's saves or try to recreate your own depending which games you've played have save editors.

Look in 3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities to see if whichever of your individual games has a dedicated editor.
There are threads scattered about with shared save files, so not any one can be named. Try also looking in 3DS - Games & Content.

Oh no, it still turns on and the screen functions it's just there's a large amount of dead pixels on the top half of the screen making most games unplayable (or really ugly), I can still use it though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it still turns on and the screen functions it's just there's a large amount of dead pixels on the top half of the screen making most games unplayable (or really ugly), I can still use it though.

Ah gotcha. There was leeway in interpreting broke as unplayable or dead. Back up your game saves with Checkpoint the first moment you can.

In case you want to attempt repairing the top screen:
Edit - New part and $5 cheaper option but it ships from China.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet