Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to request a reupload on the AO hook that doesnt have cheats and makes the game playable...the link I tried is dead. I have been playing through Zero on PC aswell its kinda choppy...framerate is inconsistent and the Sticks when using xinput feel very off if possible can you have a look at it? the previous one uploaded here for Zero says something about freetype.dll missing.

Putting on front page would be most dank PCLIVESMATTER

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Would like to request a reupload on the AO hook that doesnt have cheats and makes the game playable...the link I tried is dead. I have been playing through Zero on PC aswell its kinda choppy...framerate is inconsistent and the Sticks when using xinput feel very off if possible can you have a look at it? the previous one uploaded here for Zero says something about freetype.dll missing.

Putting on front page would be most dank PCLIVESMATTER
You can disable "cheats" by pressing the T key on your keyboard.

Also, the Zero hook requires Freetype in the same directory as the game executable.

Here are the Zero and Ao hooks. https://mega.nz/#!RgZiiQ5Z!vUO46D6NGIwbqb1XZ0xZEpyYu7iKiMSQX_M8ZgsfwjQ

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can disable "cheats" by pressing the T key on your keyboard.

Also, the Zero hook requires Freetype in the same directory as the game executable.

Here are the Zero and Ao hooks. https://mega.nz/#!RgZiiQ5Z!vUO46D6NGIwbqb1XZ0xZEpyYu7iKiMSQX_M8ZgsfwjQ
Your a god among men, why dont more people know about these things <3

I put the files where they made sense inside the games folder. ED_ZERO.EXE THE EDZERO.DLL and the freetype.dll are in the games folder...zero hangs when I try to launch and does nothing the original exe works fine though.

AO boots, its really glitchy text wise some boxes are blank others have mumbo jumbo I know what makes the foreign text look funny and use Locale emulator to bypass that but even so...voices work though and the story text is english....Any ideas for zero?

Last edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792,

kurowudgey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm experiencing a crash that won't let me do a sidequest. It's in Chapter 2, Day 3 - the day of the trade conference. The one where i go to the IBC to look for Mariabell's missing dolls. When i try to enter the IBC through warping, or through the street entrance, PPSSPP crashes. I'm using an ISO with the kitsune and machine translation.

Update: I managed to get past the crash by loading up a japanese ISO. I sought for help because this method did not work for me before, but my problem has been resolved.

Last edited by kurowudgey,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Your a god among men, why dont more people know about these things <3

I put the files where they made sense inside the games folder. ED_ZERO.EXE THE EDZERO.DLL and the freetype.dll are in the games folder...zero hangs when I try to launch and does nothing the original exe works fine though.

AO boots, its really glitchy text wise some boxes are blank others have mumbo jumbo I know what makes the foreign text look funny and use Locale emulator to bypass that but even so...voices work though and the story text is english....Any ideas for zero?
If you are using the Chinese version, change locale so that GBK encoding is used.
If you are using the Japanese version, change locale so that Shift_JIS is used.

Ao will have issues with the UI text if you are using a different encoding than what the scena files are using.
Zero will have issues with all Latin-1 text (it seems to be attempting to use images from the icon spritemap).

I have no time to work on the hook right now, so here is the source code:
https://mega.nz/#!ZkI12bjQ!0v4F7o7VSha01wJur2lHJyTZHFX_96FlIeH7Dg5brYE

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using the Chinese version, change locale so that GBK encoding is used.
If you are using the Japanese version, change locale so that Shift_JIS is used.

Ao will have issues with the UI text if you are using a different encoding than what the scena files are using.
Zero will have issues with all Latin-1 text (it seems to be attempting to use images from the icon spritemap).

I have no time to work on the hook right now, so here is the source code:
https://mega.nz/#!ZkI12bjQ!0v4F7o7VSha01wJur2lHJyTZHFX_96FlIeH7Dg5brYE

Not sure what u mean by those 2, in locale emulator or windows language settings I dont see anything like that. I have the Korean ver of Zero and Japanese AO

before I launch the game (zero) if I set windows or locale emulator language to "Korean (korea)" language then I can see all the text that isn't actually translated as korean characters perfectly, which helps so I can google translate it on the fly and everything is peachy...my issue with Zero is how unoptimized it feels I thought that the hook would help with that...

For AO it made a game that wasnt playing nice with my pc at all actually load up. for zero I play just fine without the hook but trying to use it makes the exe not even respond to me...I double click it and it just sits there, not even a new task in the manager.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what u mean by those 2, in locale emulator or windows language settings I dont see anything like that. I have the Korean ver of Zero and Japanese AO

before I launch the game (zero) if I set windows or locale emulator language to "Korean (korea)" language then I can see all the text that isn't actually translated as korean characters perfectly, which helps so I can google translate it on the fly and everything is peachy...my issue with Zero is how unoptimized it feels I thought that the hook would help with that...

For AO it made a game that wasnt playing nice with my pc at all actually load up. for zero I play just fine without the hook but trying to use it makes the exe not even respond to me...I double click it and it just sits there, not even a new task in the manager.
The Korean version is a fan-translated version.

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, newb here. Just finished Zero and Im too hyped so I wanted to play with your patch. So first of all, thanks for the uber hard work to allow people like me enjoy such awesome games. Really thank you.

Now. I want to play in the best way possible these days, using everything available without programming skills and such. Could you point me which is that way? Just patch download and play, or trying some "easy" additional quirks?

Thanks again.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, newb here. Just finished Zero and Im too hyped so I wanted to play with your patch. So first of all, thanks for the uber hard work to allow people like me enjoy such awesome games. Really thank you.

Now. I want to play in the best way possible these days, using everything available without programming skills and such. Could you point me which is that way? Just patch download and play, or trying some "easy" additional quirks?

Thanks again.
Yes, just download the patch, use the patcher on the Ao iso, then play.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ive come to the conclusion that all these games are choppy af on pc...its annoying getting spoiled by the steam releases that are insanely smooth then trying to get these to run well. Zero no kisekis framerate isn't consistent even when it says 60fps u can see micro stutters. It flickers in windowed mode and it crashes or doesnt respond in fullscreen mode lol. AO runs perfect aside from its issues with picking up my 360 controller...which means i have to play with keyboard and mouse...These are really horribly optimized on pc. Nothing like the steam sky games we got.

Question @julialy are both the story and sidequests from Kitsunes translation in the patch? I mean...if he says your allowed to insert it in the game then isn't this technically a completed translation? aside from random townspeople and graphics.

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, just download the patch, use the patcher on the Ao iso, then play.
Thanks, that is what I did. I patched the voices as well, but i have both iso now. I played the full prologue yesterday and worked great. However, today when I loaded my save, as soon as I try to change screen, moving to another area, PPSSPP crashes. Even trying to open the menu crashes. I tried loading the unpatched iso and the patched without voices to see if that sorted it, but PPSSPP recognizes the same game and uses the same save state, and it still crashes.

Is that a known issue? Can be fixed?

Thanks.

Last edited by Chaoscontrol,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Question @julialy are both the story and sidequests from Kitsunes translation in the patch? I mean...if he says your allowed to insert it in the game then isn't this technically a completed translation? aside from random townspeople and graphics.
yes
Thanks, that is what I did. I patched the voices as well, but i have both iso now. I played the full prologue yesterday and worked great. However, today when I loaded my save, as soon as I try to change screen, moving to another area, PPSSPP crashes. Is that a known issue? Can be fixed?

Thanks.
What area are you in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment