Misc Trading between Soul Silver and Black

Jalalipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a second flash cart, and I was hoping I could use it to trade my old Pokemon from Soul Silver to Black version. However, recently I've been reading stuff that hints that trading won't work between flash carts since the Relocator and PokeTransfer use DS Download Play instead of in-game trading, which doesn't work on Flash Carts. Is this true? I'll be trading between a DSi and DSL, if that is important.

SuperMarioMaster

Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it's true. The only way to trade from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver is to use an actual cart. If you have any friends that own the actual game cart you could trade the Pokémon from your flash cart on to their actual cart. ...Though that could be very time consuming and annoying at the same time.

Jalalipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperMarioMaster91 said:
Yep, it's true. The only way to trade from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver is to use an actual cart. If you have any friends that own the actual game cart you could trade the Pokémon from your flash cart on to their actual cart. ...Though that could be very time consuming and annoying at the same time.
Hm... I could do that, but that sounds like too much of a hassle. I guess I'll just have to use Pokesav. Thanks anyway.

Edit: Actually, could I perhaps transfer my save to a legit Soul Silver cart? More importantly, are there any resources that could explain how? A friend of mine has an Action Replay, so I could use that, although I've also heard this could be done using WiFi.

SuperMarioMaster

Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Every time I tried to use an AR to upload my legit SoulSilver save, it wouldn't let me. Now, I've searched on Google on how to upload a SoulSilver save with an AR and most sources tell me it's impossible to due the new type of DS Cart (the Infrared) that they use.

Though, I could be wrong. Maybe something came out that I don't know about...but most likely you won't be able to. Kind of an Anti-Piracy thing I believe.

LOL69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the same boat here too. My only option right now is to trade over my SS pokemon to my legit Pokemon Diamond, and then transfer them, but that's really annoying. Are there any other suggestions?

D

Deleted-236924

SuperMarioMaster91 said:
Every time I tried to use an AR to upload my legit SoulSilver save, it wouldn't let me. Now, I've searched on Google on how to upload a SoulSilver save with an AR and most sources tell me it's impossible to due the new type of DS Cart (the Infrared) that they use.

Though, I could be wrong. Maybe something came out that I don't know about...but most likely you won't be able to. Kind of an Anti-Piracy thing I believe.
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...kup-HG-SS-saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster...