Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

I'm testing the game right now and I have this issue with ryujinx (fully updated to 16.0.2)
Everything was fine so far, except for a small lighting glitch on walls, but that's not bothering me
When I arrived at the cutscene after the one where they talked about hyrule history with the Zonai, audio got REALLY weird

Some audio effect were okay, while some others were completly desynced
SPOILER FOLLOWING

So, when the cutscene begins, we see the zonai arm (?) on the chest of that demon. But right then, I hear it fall, with the tears falling on the ground too
then, seconds later, I SEE them falling. Zelda crouch to take the tear, I hear her making noise as she makes them, perfectly synced
But at the same time, I hear lot of other noises made by the demon reviving, but Zelda doesn't react AT ALL, which makes me think it is desynced too
Seconds later, I see the demon starting to move. I hear a sound effect, and again, several seconds later, we see the demon eyes glowing, which I suppose was where the sound effect was suppose to be

Anyone has similar experience??

Ledetif

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Same here, isn't it maybe because of fps decreasing? Like the sound keeps going but not the images and it makes a delay

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thats... not right. Something is clearly wrong there.
Yeah I don't know why I had stutters on the first cutscene. Granted I've played when the leak came out, but I've tried with the 1.1 update and it's still there. Tried overclocked to the max, same thing. Don't know why.

(Docked mode btw, I'll try in portable. Also I have a day-one model, think it got old and dusty. Some cleaning might help)

EDIT : Just tried to open and clean the fan for the first time. Also tried in portable mode. It stutters less but it still desync. Going to try in dock later but I don't think it'll solve anything. Friends told me they didn't had this problem too, so I really have no clue about what's happening

Last edited by LightBeam,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't know why I had stutters on the first cutscene. Granted I've played when the leak came out, but I've tried with the 1.1 update and it's still there. Tried overclocked to the max, same thing. Don't know why.

(Docked mode btw, I'll try in portable. Also I have a day-one model, think it got old and dusty. Some cleaning might help)

EDIT : Just tried to open and clean the fan for the first time. Also tried in portable mode. It stutters less but it still desync. Going to try in dock later but I don't think it'll solve anything. Friends told me they didn't had this problem too, so I really have no clue about what's happening
Dump is likely fucked up

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Idk I've tried with a dump a friend gave me (told me he hadn't this issue), same thing, so I really don't know but I'll probably try with another now that the game has been released

In regular gameplay I don't have any issue, but in Kakariko the performance can be really really bad so now I wonder ...

Maybe my Switch is just too damn old, I have no clue

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk I've tried with a dump a friend gave me (told me he hadn't this issue), same thing, so I really don't know but I'll probably try with another now that the game has been released

In regular gameplay I don't have any issue, but in Kakariko the performance can be really really bad so now I wonder ...

Maybe my Switch is just too damn old, I have no clue
I mean I played a dump on emunand and an official cart on sysnand and have never had an issue.

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm dealing with the same exact thing, but frustratingly most google results about cutscene de-sync on real hardware have people saying it works fine for them.

I tried HOS 15 and 16, different installers (tin/dbi), I've tried different base game dumps, and different "FW patched" updates dumps with no luck. I even updated a second Switch I've got. Same issue.

If I have to I may just crack open my copy and see if the cart does the same cutscene de-sync at this point.

An odd thing is every 1.1 update installs but on one system only "patched" updates run, on the other all 1.1 updates run. Both systems are at 16.0.3.

I've never had an issue like this. Either a game/update works just fine, or not at all.

Last edited by IS_Nitro,
Reactions: LightBeam

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm dealing with the same exact thing, but frustratingly most google results about cutscene de-sync on real hardware have people saying it works fine for them.

I tried HOS 15 and 16, different installers (tin/dbi), I've tried different base game dumps, and different "FW patched" updates dumps with no luck. I even updated a second Switch I've got. Same issue.

If I have to I may just crack open my copy and see if the cart does the same cutscene de-sync at this point.

An odd thing is every 1.1 update installs but on one system only "patched" updates run, on the other all 1.1 updates run. Both systems are at 16.0.3.

I've never had an issue like this. Either a game/update works just fine, or not at all.
Very cool to know I'm not alone
I've also tried to install with dbi and titel installer and it doesn't seem to have an impact
I'm on 16.0.0, probably going to try to update to see if something changes but I don't have much hope

What model of Switch do you have ? You mentionned you have 2 but are those the same models ?

If you try your copy of the game, please let me know if it somehow changes anything

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very cool to know I'm not alone
I've also tried to install with dbi and titel installer and it doesn't seem to have an impact
I'm on 16.0.0, probably going to try to update to see if something changes but I don't have much hope
I don't think it'll make a difference but if you update try 16.0.2. I found someone saying .2 fixed it for them. I've only tried 15.0.x and 16.0.3 I figured "if .2 works .3 should too".

What model of Switch do you have ? You mentionned you have 2 but are those the same models ?
I have the unpatched V1 and a V2 mariko sxos modchip with the appropriate atmo versions for the firmware level at each attempt. I was hoping my V2 was the issue but nope (it is the more picky version with the 1.1 updates though). You?

I also ruled out SD card speeds, the V2 uses a card that hits 50+ mbs during installs from the SD to the SD.

If you try your copy of the game, please let me know if it somehow changes anything
I'm gonna try the game-cart once I get the TV working again. The spotty ARC to A/V reciver connection is now totally broken on my TV as of this morning. TLDR: "we don't know why it happens" but, "tv needs a new mainboard" says the service line. Just gonna get a Roku or Apple TV....

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I've tried and as expected, it didn't changed anything.
(to answer, my console is a V1 bought day one. I first thought it could have been something that happens only on older consoles but since you're saying you have that on the V2 too ....)

I've just tried transfering the game to internal storage, hasn't changed anything so I doubt playing on a cartridge would change anything too but I'll give it a try when I see my brother who got the game too.

Really strange issue but well, game performance doesn't seem to suffer too much. For now I did not had too much issues in other cutscenes, but I haven't finished the game yet so I'll see.

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've tried and as expected, it didn't changed anything.
Ok, confusion time! TLDR When using the gamecart everything works just fine. WHY????

I tried the 1.0 gamecart on CFW sysNAND Erista (V1) on firmware 16.0.3. Works fine. Tried it with the 1.1.1 update, also fine.

Moved NSP dumps of both over to emuNAND Markio (V2) firmware 16.0.3. Now the 1.0.0 base game says the switch needs an update to play?? Updated the game to 1.1.1 instead, game starts but still de-syncs.

Uninstalled to nothing and tried the 1.0.0 game cart. Still says I need an update to play? Updated the game to 1.1.1 again, game works! No de-sync.x

I am so confused... Idk if emuNAND is the issue, the dump method I and the dump/s I have used have an issue, or if the gamecart base game version is actually different than the digital version.

Perhaps the programmers are pushing the limits of the bandwidth or features and were expecting to use some specific capability of the cart has faster/different off cart than if installed onto emuNAND? Where the digital version has some workaround for this already? I noticed the cutscence is seemingly not pre-rendered yesterday. Voices were timed right, effects and music were not.

If emuNAND or the dump being an gamecart version(?) is the issue why is this not more widespread.

I've just tried transfering the game to internal storage, hasn't changed anything so I doubt playing on a cartridge would change anything too but I'll give it a try when I see my brother who got the game too.
I am really interested to see if the gamecart works for you too.

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep the cutscene is definitely not prerendered. I've even tried to overclock but it did not changed anything.

So yeah, great to see using the cart worked out for you. I'll try when I'll meet my bro but I don't know when, it might be a while but when I'll do I'll update here.

Indeed, the cart working perfectly but not the game specifically on the emunand is very odd. I'll try to see if friends who hacked the game too are playing it on emunand or sysnand too.

I just hope it doesn't desync anywhere else. It's a fun problem to resolve, but I just don't want the game to desync in other cutscenes (so far it hasn't, at least when it comes to memories)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I've tried with a cartridge and it worked perfectly. On the same emunand, didn't even uninstalled the game or anything. Just put the cartridge, restarted the game and it worked. I tried without it just before and it was still stuttery. So I just don't understand what's up with that and how to fix it.

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've tried with a cartridge and it worked perfectly. On the same emunand, didn't even uninstalled the game or anything. Just put the cartridge, restarted the game and it worked. I tried without it just before and it was still stuttery. So I just don't understand what's up with that and how to fix it.
Really odd.... *shrug*

I haven't had the time to play yet but I'm glad to know the cart works fine when the time comes.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really odd.... *shrug*

I haven't had the time to play yet but I'm glad to know the cart works fine when the time comes.
Feels like we are the only 2 in the world having that haha, at least we could investigate a bit in case somebody else get the same issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol