Hardware Top Screen scratches from bottom screen?

aiden.22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
KingVamp said:
Whatever man if laptops do the same thing and this is the best design they could have come up with at
the time then fine.

I'll just protected with stuff like a plan to do anyway.

Not going to let this design flaw stop my enjoyment.

I just use my warranty near the end of it year.
That's the nice thing about this design flaw, it gives you an excuse to get a replacement whenever you need it.
evil.gif

(when it's under warranty, that is)

i hope nintendo will cover this since its an obvious design flaw. going to call after work here

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experience this as well, but the vertical lines always wipe away from my screen protector. I find that if you use a case/carry pouch that is tight-fitting, it squeezes the top screen down onto the raised border surrounding the bottom screen, leaving the lines/scratches. I was pissed the first time I noticed them, but then they wiped away.

anime999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this start happening after a while? I have had my 3DS for a few days and no scratches :/ (or even smudges, I've been carrying it around without a screen protector or anything as well)

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
So thats it. I keep noticing lines of dust on the top screen. Maybe its time to use screen protector on the top screen. I'm only using screen protector on the touch screen XD

Or maybe using the styro film foam that came with the box between the 3DS screens. Good thing I didn't threw that away
smile.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, didnt realize the bottom screen was doing that to the top screen. Cleaned it off with a Microfiber cloth and noticed a tiny scratch -_-. (Not a huge one, but i keep noticing it

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this thread, and immediately bought the Hori screen protectors at Amazon, lol. It should be here before the weekend, I'll have both the screen protectors and the Crystal case ready once I buy a 3DS.

aiden.22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got off the phone with Nintendo Tech Support. First off, they were great and extremely kind and helpful. Amazing expierience.

Anways, the advisor stated that he haven't heard anything about this issue but did put me on hold for a bit and then offered me a free repair for the 3DS (of course, its still under warranty).

now, since he said he hasn't heard anything, it might still be new to them so i'd advise anyone who is having this issue, to call Nintendo Tech Support so they know about this issue and they can document.

so, definitely call Nintendo Tech Support so you can get a repair and they can get more info about this.

Hope this helps!
biggrin.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
mines scratched too!
I called nintendo today and apparently I am the first person to have this problem! WTF?
I said they must have known as the console comes with the foam bit in between the screens and my dslite and dsi didnt.
I also have misplaced my reciept so they said it would be £46 to repair!
what can I do? this sucks, I already paid £200.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Just called Nintendo AGAIN and spoke to another person, they told me they too have also not heard of this happening and they have had hundreds of units. They told me to send it in (my friend has a reciept i can photocopy) but any screen damage is NOT covered under warrenty and would include up to £50 charge.

What is going on? it is clearly a design flaw. what are my rights?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have called Nintendo Service Centre again in hope of speaking to somebody half decent and I did. The guy was very helpful but said they have to say they dont know about it as its an overlooked Nintendo design fault and its only a small problem! he said he would help me though but the service team would 'look' at my 3DS and they would have to decide what to do when they get it. He said I may just get the whole thing back as I sent it.

Proper annoyed, this was expensive. Im going to get my money back and get me a cheap dsi.

aiden.22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
I have called Nintendo Service Centre again in hope of speaking to somebody half decent and I did. The guy was very helpful but said they have to say they dont know about it as its an overlooked Nintendo design fault and its only a small problem! he said he would help me though but the service team would 'look' at my 3DS and they would have to decide what to do when they get it. He said I may just get the whole thing back as I sent it.

Proper annoyed, this was expensive. Im going to get my money back and get me a cheap dsi.

Sucks you had such a bad experience. I would say ask to speak to a supervisor and see what they say. the person i talked to said he didn't know about it too so i hope i just dont get it sent back.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
lol this is gonna be like the hinge thing with the DS Lites, after receiving enough complaints Nintendo will admit this 3DS defect and agree to replace the defective unit under warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh stuff like Microsoft Sam sound way more natural that the tik tok tts +1