jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They did it. And besides, Adult Swim Anime Saturdays got boring anyway... I wonder if they still plan on dubbing Bleach now that it has ended in Japan and if they will still air it on Toonami?
Bleach Ended!? :(
Yes Bleach ended back in late March early April in Japan. I thought people knew...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this would be great news if I was still 15. But alas I am not, and I get any anime I want online.

Usually I'd think along the same lines, and it's probably what kept them from bringing it back for so long, in an era where everything's available on demand. But it's hard to deny that catching stuff on broadcast introduced me to things I wouldn't have watched otherwise.

Reactions: 3 people

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, Toonami was great when I was a kid, but near the end it got really crappy.. It's going to have animes on there that are specifically targeted towards kids, not teens.. Anyone else remember watching Zoids, Dragonball Z, Dragonball, and other various amazing animes that actually had bearable dubs? Dub quality has went down the shitter, and that's not something anyone can argue about.

Oh well, when I have the time to sit down and watch an anime, I'll watch them with English subtitles.. Heck, I'd be more than willing to stay with crunchyroll if they actually put more animes up on there, it's just that their selection is severely limited.. Netflix has quite a few good animes, but they don't give the option to watch them in the original audio with subtitles, which is an extreme FAIL.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole "Toonami" thing? Just try and get them to show anime again... you don't need to bring back Toonami, exactly.
There is a lot of nostalgia behind it, not to mention just showing straight up anime without Tom hosting the block is just straight up boring. It's mostly Tom that makes Toonami something more than just a block with anime on it.

Reactions: 4 people

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole "Toonami" thing? Just try and get them to show anime again... you don't need to bring back Toonami, exactly.
There is a lot of nostalgia behind it, not to mention just showing straight up anime without Tom hosting the block is just straight up boring. It's mostly Tom that makes Toonami something more than just a block with anime on it.
+1 on catboy's post :yay:

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If the anime was boring without some stock linkers maybe they need better anime then.
I think I kind of get it. We used to have proper live shows every Saturday morning on TV to link between shows, some of the fun is lost without them.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 on catboy's post :yay:

You do realize that there is a like button to express just that, right?

Anyway, I do agree that a programming block with a host is preferable to a programming block with no host (assuming the host is good, of course).

Reactions: 3 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the anime was boring without some stock linkers maybe they need better anime then.
I think I kind of get it. We used to have proper live shows every Saturday morning on TV to link between shows, some of the fun is lost without them.
It's not the anime that is boring, the anime is fine. It's just a block with anime and no host, just isn't as interesting to watch as something like Toonami with the host.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know what Toonami was until probably sometime last year when one of my friends explained it to me. I never (or currently do) watch Cartoon Network.

But from what I heard about the quality of shows on the original Toonami, they better not make the same mistakes again. Although this is looking for an Adult Swim run time so maybe it'll have some non-shit shows for (maybe like... Boondocks and... Sea Lab 2021?)

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Toonami a portmanteau of Toon and Konami?
Close... but it is Toon and Tsunami.

And a DBZ Kai Uncut would be nice as watching it on CW4Kids did not feel right, like there was stuff missing. But as for Toonami, I hope they get the rights to Panty & Stocking so I can compare the dub to the original, as well as some other famous anime, new and old.

EDIT: Also, I hope they start Toonami on AS at 9pm instead of 12am, that would mean that they could start out with 8-9 shows that they could show twice a Saturday.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Isn't Toonami a portmanteau of Toon and Konami?
Close... but it is Toon and Tsunami.

And a DBZ Kai Uncut would be nice as watching it on CW4Kids did not feel right, like there was stuff missing. But as for Toonami, I hope they get the rights to Panty & Stocking so I can compare the dub to the original, as well as some other famous anime, new and old.
I always thought otherwise, seeing as back then it was all about Yu-Gi-Oh and whatnot. or am i mixing the networks up? lol :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?