[Tool] NAND1 - NAND2 ROM Detection ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by soaresden, Nov 3, 2014.

1. soaresden
    OP

soaresden GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    France
    Hi Everybody,

Since there is a lot of games now, I would like to know if anyone knows how to detect if a game is NAND 2 or NAND1 ?
    Because I'm so tired losing my saves !
    So now, I'm used to launch a NAND2 backup saving program to see if it's a NAND2 or not

For exemple : Animal crossing, Poxemon (both) are NAND2 but SSB seems not

Would it be difficult programming this or any way much simple to know ?

Thanks !

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Gateway rom patcher.

3. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    There's only CARD1 and CARD2. I'm going to assume this is what you meant.
    So far the only CARD2 titles are AC:NL, Pokemon X/Y and Tomodachi Life, along several eShop titles.
    If you want to know the type you can use a program that read ROM headers like 3DS Explorer.

4. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007

Would like to know what eshop games are card 2 since there's not much of a list of those :(

5. soaresden
    OP

soaresden GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    France
    My Technique today is :

- Put the 3DS SDCARD on PC
    - Use SAVEGAME Manager (in java, I join it to this post)
    - See the game I want is in or not
    - If Not, I Use CardTwoSaveTool to extract the save in the rom and to keep a .sav file that I can restore (I'm joining the tool)

It's pretty fastidious work, But it will be welcome to know (in 3ds.essh.co or somewhere) if the rom is CARD2 or not

The best way will be to open a tool in PC that detect 3ds and 3dz.
    It will list roms in a directory
    And in columns some informations like 3ds.essh.co WITH the information of the CardType !

Attached Files:

6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Download "Gateway_ROM_Patcher_v0.6.zip", extract it, open the "Gateway Rom Patcher.exe", click on "load", select your rom file, look at the place where it says "Media Type" and there it either says "Card 1" or "Card2".
    easy peasy
    if you want it to be displayed on http://3ds.essh.co/ , then I would suggest, you contact the site admins and ask them nicely to consider it

soaresden likes this.
  7. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Is there any way to tell what region the card is? I renamed some of the weirdly named ones way back when and I don't know what region they are now.

8. luney

luney GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Get the crc32 and match it to essh. That is how I name the roms in archive if they have no such info when downloaded. Look at the crc and game name and then just look at the release list for the game name and match the crc to region.

9. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Gateway rom patcher, open the rom and look at the title id, enter it into the http://3ds.essh.co/ search function

crc comparison is a valid option, too
    just providing another alternative, if you trimmed the roms, then you can't compare the crc anymore of course

CIH137 likes this.
  10. omarroms

omarroms GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2002
    United States
    The Internet
    open the rom with gateway rom patcher and look at the game serial. If it ends with a E it is a USA region, P it is a Europe region, J it is a Japan region, some will have other letters. You can also tell if the rom is an retail release or an eshop game by the middle letter. P for retail release and N for eshop release.

CIH137 likes this.
  11. luney

luney GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    I've never used the rom patcher so I wasn't aware it did that. I already have feebooti hash or something like that installed. It allows generating hashes and or crc for files by right clicking into properties. I always used it when starting out building my rom collections.

12. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    correct, that's why this method is inaccurate and that's why I didn't mention it...
    for example CTR-NCGA is Pokemon Dream Radar EU