serious_sean

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to sound rude, buuuut.......

every time i check the latest topics, it's always people asking the same questions over and over. These questions have been answered a billion times;

What card should I get?
What is flashing / flashme ?
Why doesn't #XXX rom work?

etc, etc. blah blah blah

there are already too many topics that answer these questions. I propose locking repeat topics like this. I like helping as much as anyone, but does this get to anyone else?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think it's gone quite out of control yet. Most of the topics are sensible and as long as they post in the correct forum sections I have nothing wrong with it. A lot of people out there are just getting into DS and GBA flashcarts. They're becoming a lot more mainstream now that it's simple as pie to pirate.

The only thing that got on my nerves were posts asking what flashme is hours after I post my big flashme guide....
blink.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think it's gone quite out of control yet. Most of the topics are sensible and as long as they post in the correct forum sections I have nothing wrong with it. A lot of people out there are just getting into DS and GBA flashcarts. They're becoming a lot more mainstream now that it's simple as pie to pirate.

The only thing that got on my nerves were posts asking what flashme is hours after I post my big flashme guide....
blink.gif

I agree.

time-warp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ofcourse there are going to be n00bs here. The NDS and more the NDSL are relatively new consoles. Myself only purchased one two weeks ago.

The forums should remain an open and friendly place for people to interact and gather information that they can't easily obtain from other sources.

Just a thought
wink.gif

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Noobs can be encountered anywhere, it's not a big thing. The best solution is to simply, once in sight of a noob, insta-ban his ip block, ban all his friends, put him up on a string, and problem solved!
rofl2.gif

But, really, they're to be expected. Just try to A) Ignore them or B) Educate them. If that doesn't work, a removal is in order.
tongue.gif

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, sometimes it's just worth it to try and help some poor guy out, he just really doesn't understand how things work. After you educate him, he may get off better and won't bug anybody anymore. Unfortunately, this won't happen with most people, mostly because some people on the internet are just... apathetic and want people to do their work for them.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i guess you weren't a pro Nintendo Hacker when you just have got your DS/GBA and a flashkit, so let's help them as much as we can and maybe some day, all these noobs you're talking about are even better than most of us
wink.gif

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want to sound rude, buuuut.......

every time i check the latest topics, it's always people asking the same questions over and over. These questions have been answered a billion times;Â

What card should I get?
What is flashing / flashme ?
Why doesn't #XXX rom work?

etc, etc. blah blah blah

there are already too many topics that answer these questions. I propose locking repeat topics like this. I like helping as much as anyone, but does this get to anyone else?

New carts and flashing methods always come out so actually those n00b questions aren't so n00bish because it may have you end up with a old flash kit that used to be the bomb 2 weeks ago or so.
lecture.gif

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking the the reason for the sudden flood of noobs here has to do with the fact that alot of people just got a ds lite and have alot of questions. I know when I got my first DS I had alot of questions, but instead of just jumping on here and asking a bunch of questions I looked at the topics already posted. I found that most of my questions were already answered. Now that I have a DS Lite I learned a few new things and try to help others just like I got helped. I guess it is just easier for people to start a new topic instead of taking a little time to search for the answers.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think during the registration, you should have an informative guide posted during the sign up and they have to answer a few questions (multiple choice?) regarding what they read (the basics of flashme/flashcarts/passme's) and they must get them right inorder to register an account here!
laugh.gif

that would educate the people and help control less repetitive questions
yaynds.gif

scruffman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
hey, stop bangin on the Noobs. I am one too. In fact this is my first post. I have just joined some wks ago. We were all noobs at some point in time. am the type who will lay low and observer what is going on. I will getting dsl and a flash cart but am at school so funds are low, so I cant get one now, i already have 2 sp's with a flash cart but they are with my 2 kids. I will love to post more but I really dont have any thing to share to the scene cause I dont have a nds. Anyway, I have to agree that they should try alittle harder to read and use the search engine. I came to gbatemp to learn, I have learnt alot by using the search engine and loggin on everyday. But then again some of those Noobs might be kids cause some of the stupid questions they ask. So go easy on the. Help them if u can, thats what the forums are for, who do u want them to go ask, Nintendo???. Sorry for the long post.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
People here are much nicer and more patient when being asked the same question for the 200th time than on most forums.
smile.gif
Everyone's a n00b at some point to be fair. But saying that, before I got my flashcart and knew what the hell I was doing I managed to read the reviews, guides and existing threads and get more than enough info that way without needing to start a new thread.

roar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only person who hates the word 'noob'? IMO your use of the word directly reflects your level of maturity.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
every time i check the latest topics, it's always people asking the same questions over and over.
Agreed. There are a lot of repeat topics yes, far more than there were in the past. There's at least 3 G6 vs M3 vs Supercard vs EZ4 threads a day, not to mention the "what is flashme / passkey" threads. I know the DS complications (firmware and passkeys) make things more complicated than the GBA but it isn't rocket science to read up on it.

The people who look stuff up and then ask specific questions are fine, it's just the ones who research for an hour and assume that's all they can learn without asking questions. Well sorry, but it's gonna take a bit more effort than that.

Locking doesn't help anyone. I tend to just paste links to the threads where it got discussed before and leave it at that (if I can be bothered to reply at all).

And to the guy who said kids come here; if more than a handful of kids can afford this shit then I should go back in time and sign up for whatever fundraising schemes they're using cause it's clearly working
happy.gif

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes people can just read around but evne when there's tons of info around there will still be people asking dumb questions.
There COULD be a small improvement if a thread with this info is stickied http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21893

And then a picture of a passcard, sd adapter, and a sd card saying these are the only 3 things you'll need.

I don't know this is just a minor suggestion and i am a noob myself so....whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...